|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> 167 bodies found in Mexico

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
briansue

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 05:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

167 bodies found in Mexico

Here’s another example of those alarmist headlines about Mexico we read on the internet. Some see the headline and don’t read further. But we clicked and here is the real story…………

Old remains of 167 people found in Mexican cave

Mass grave believed to be at least 50 years old; no signs of violence

Here’s link …..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46693489/ns/world_news-americas

I while back there was another one about Mexican soldiers shooting across the border at the US – look up the date – 1914 – but it can make headlines today????

Yes, I know it is nonsense and has nothing to do with RVers - nor does a lot of other stuff we read here. Sorry. I know I am out of line here.

http://www.briansue2.blogspot.com

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 06:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just goes to show you, it ain't safe in Mexico.

They have a history of extreme violence as evidenced by the discover of 167 bodies in a mass grave.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 06:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just wondering what kind of Idiotic newspaper would ever PRINT a headline like that. Only TYPE of newspaper I can think of is the old National Inquirer.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 08:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think Old-Biscuit forgot to add a smiley.

briansue

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old Bisquit,

Perhaps you missed this line - - "no signs of violence"?

daverich

Swan Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Sumner, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 06:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

briansue,
I fully understood what you were saying in your post and agree with you.

Sensationalism sells more that truth.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why did you not post this one: I normally do not post this stuff but thought that maybe your post was ignoring reality!

The final death toll for the mass graves find in Durango state is 331 victims, according to Mexican news accounts.

Last December in Christoph Colon ejido in Durango municipality, a total of 50 dead had been found. At the time it was reported that ten had been found in the area, but recent reports said that the actual count was 50 total.

The latest, and according to Fiscalia General del Estado, Sonia Yadira Fragoso, the last likely to be found, was part of a string of finds in Durango primarily in Durango city, the capital of Durango state.

Fiscalia General del Estado, Sonia Yadira Fragoso

Other locations for the graves include Santiago Papasquiario, Cuencame and Ciudad Lerdo. The searches and exhumations began starting April, 2011, following the detention of suspect.

Of the 331 victims found only 37 have been identified by relatives to date. Also, most of those killed were killed by asphixiation, mainly by being buried alive. The victims were killed as far back as 2005, well before the start of Mexican President Felipe Calderon Hinojosa's war on the cartels.

The Sinaloa cartel was reported last summer in Mexican press as the most likely culprits in the murders. The killings were probably a part of the normal course of organized crime business in Durango.

Apparently, Mexican press had varying counts for the dead. Last Monday it was reported that the total dead was 300, which would have jibed with the find in December. However even with the newly announced find, reports said the total was 301, while Proceso leftist weekly had the total at 321. This writer had the total at 330.

The Durango mass grave find is the worst mass murder in modern Mexican history eclipsing even the 193 dead found in and around San Fernando, Tamaulipas last summer. However, all of the dead in San Fernando were killed between August, 2010 and April, 2011.

Chris Covert write Mexican Drug War and national political news for Rantburg.com

briansue

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 09:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So moiseh,

The question comes up again - how many of those were tourists and RVers and how many were cartel members - and what exactly does it have to do with us? What is the point of sensationizing what the cartels do to each other in Mexico? I guess it makes for interesting news. But once again - what does it have to do with us?

Gadget Guy

Calgary

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It just seems to me that some people have an agenda to keep people from traveling to Mexico and will say and post and repost anything to further their cause what ever that may be.

clarlk

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 08:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Just goes to show you, it ain't safe in Mexico.

They have a history of extreme violence as evidenced by the discover of 167 bodies in a mass grave.

Can you let me know where its safe

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> 167 bodies found in Mexico
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS