|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Vogel State Park April 3 & 4

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
garmp1

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/12 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Plan on stopping at Vogel State Park April 3rd & 4th on our way to Myrtle Beach. We are van campers and don't need full hook-ups but electricity is wanted. Should we get reservations or would we be ok to wing it? The problem is these dates are not set in stone.

thanks

Camping in a Sportsmobile. How much better can it get?

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/12 11:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You probably will be OK, depends on the temps and weather. If they don't have a space and you don't do the reservations, head on up the road toward Blairsville. Lot of availabiity up through there and over to Hiawasee.

dobbler98

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/12 12:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should be okay because it's early yet. Vogel is a small park, so the big rigs stay out. Agree with the above post about Blairsville to Hiawassee.

1993 Minnie Winnie
Class C 24'
Chevy 350
Usually pulling one of my toys

view2a.thrill

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/12 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just checked the Vogel SP reservations site. Only 7 of 103 sites available for April 3&4. Maybe you should reserve.

Heir Max

membership 1/16/2001, Bay Minette, AL

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/12 04:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yea, and they probably have vans and tents in a site that should be for a MH. We use to stay there a lot, but they are not selective about how they use their sites.

99 Tradewinds
2000 Explorer Toad

washley1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/12 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also stay there a lot, with a 38ft 5er. Lots of spaces for big rigs, BUT can be hard to get them!! If you are going in durring a weekend, get the reservation, then get to the park early for the best pick. There is a great pop up loop that would be good for your van and any other small rigs (and leave room in the rest of the park for the big guys!).

garmp1

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/12 07:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The last I checked they had like 29 pop-up/tent sites available. We'll just have to keep an eye on it an try to confirm our dates so to make a reservation. I fell that arriving Tuesday morn will be to our advantage.

Chock Full o' Nuts

GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/12 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes. The first week of April is Spring Break for most of the 15-county Metro-Atlanta area. Vogel SP is one of Georgia's most popular parks. You might be able to roll the dice and get a site, but I have seen Vogel closed out many times. If your heart is set on Vogel you should get reservations

"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

MegaJohn

NW Geogia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/12 08:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have reservations for Apr 5-7... my wife teaches and that week is spring break. Many Georgia school systems schedule spring break the same week.

We stayed for spring break a couple years ago. As I recall there were some sites available during the week. As someone else suggested... if it's a park you really want to stay at, I'd make reservations.

Happy Camping!
John.

Stock 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 MegaCab, 5.9L Cummins, Automatic, 2WD, Dually
- 30' 2006 Pilgrim Interntional travel trailer, dry weight ~7k pounds, GVWR ~9k pounds
- Husky weight distributing hitch, friction anti-sway control, electronic brake controller

garmp1

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/12 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tightened up the schedule, confirmed some plans and made commitments and reservations. And did it by phone. Their web site had no facilities for discounts so I called. (Fixed income, gotta cut corners) Georgia does not honor the America Beautiful (Geezer Pass) nor Disabled Vets, but do offer 20% Senior Citizen discount. Very pleasant and helpful young lady. Paid half as deposit and rest with Senior discount upon arrival. Thanks to all for input. Can't wait to get to Fred's Famous Fried Peanuts outside Helen.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Vogel State Park April 3 & 4
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS