RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Accessories: I love CW, but...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Accessories

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Accessories

> I love CW, but...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rr2254545

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/12 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Purchased a 50 AMP surge protector (not hard wire one) 12/16/11.

Price was under the on line guys. Was about a $350 item. No shipping charge as I live under 10 miles from the Rogers MN store.

LOL my wife will only let me shop for TP at CW, long story

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
158 Campgrounds since we retired in 2009

wd

SoCal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/12 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What about CW having a "price match" like other stores?

Bird Freak

Calhoun, Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/12 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My buddy was charged for 1 hr. labor to check the air pressure in his tires while on the road in Tenn. $100.00 bucks. I used to have the service center in Chattanooga Tenn. do all my service work on my Pace Arrow. I stopped when they charged me more for a converter than my service contract would pay and I had to shell out the difference. Thing that made me mad was I could buy the same converter in the store for almost $100.00 less than their service center charged me for it. Both came from the same store. NEVER again. PA is gone and so is CW for me.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs-28years
We love 56 T-Birds

Alaskan Class C

Anchorage

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/12 02:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mudmaker wrote:

Even if you did ship to Alaska, I think the price point would make the average person shop and then buy from the lowest price store.

What kills me is we get charged second day air most of the time when there is no need for it. UPS now has ground service here, but convincing people it really exists is impossible. allot of us are even willing to wait for parcel post from USPS, but then we hear the post office sucks to file a claim with for insurance when they break it... It could be cheaper to ship here if they wanted it to be I guess that is why we use amazon, they ship for free to here and have almost everything.

* This post was edited 03/17/12 02:37pm by Alaskan Class C *

1978 Itasca, It's old but I own it....

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 03:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TeamCyBo wrote:

mbinohio wrote:

If you think their prices are bad wait until you have them do some service.....

Yep, I recently had a light rocker switch burn out and priced to get one and replace it myself. Simple and about a 10 min. job. The DW insisted that I take it to CW where we purchased it and have it replaced under warranty. I was also having issues with the tank sensors so I decided to go ahead take it over there. The service adviser stated that they don't stock the switch and would have to order it. I told them to go ahead and order it and check the sensors while I was there. When she came to get me because the trailer was ready she said that they did find a switch and installed it under warranty.

This is a $2.00 part and only takes about 5-10 minutes to swap. The labor to change the part was $103.00. Wow! Really. I have an automotive service background of about 25 years and find this just ridiculous. This should have been a swapped out at n/c or a reasonable price.

I didn't follow this. You said they installed it under warranty and you were charged $103?

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

TeamCyBo

Woodstock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/12 05:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wbwood wrote:

TeamCyBo wrote:

mbinohio wrote:

If you think their prices are bad wait until you have them do some service.....

Yep, I recently had a light rocker switch burn out and priced to get one and replace it myself. Simple and about a 10 min. job. The DW insisted that I take it to CW where we purchased it and have it replaced under warranty. I was also having issues with the tank sensors so I decided to go ahead take it over there. The service adviser stated that they don't stock the switch and would have to order it. I told them to go ahead and order it and check the sensors while I was there. When she came to get me because the trailer was ready she said that they did find a switch and installed it under warranty.

This is a $2.00 part and only takes about 5-10 minutes to swap. The labor to change the part was $103.00. Wow! Really. I have an automotive service background of about 25 years and find this just ridiculous. This should have been a swapped out at n/c or a reasonable price.

I didn't follow this. You said they installed it under warranty and you were charged $103?

Let me clarify. I was not charged. The bill summary stated that under warranty Keystone was charged the $103.00. I got a work summary bill because I had also had them check the tank sensors out in the black tank. They have been screwy ever sense day one and still are. I also had them top off my propane tanks.

2007 Ford Expedition, 2014 Outback 316RL Diamond Edition.
Me, My Honey Cyndie and the kids (4 Poms) Baxter, Molly, Zoe and Nikko.

PSUCamper

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 06:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have purchased at least 10 items online for my RV in the last two years. I always check Amazon, Camping World, and usually one other random online outlet to see who has the best price. To date I have purchased all 10 at stores other than Camping World.

I live in central PA so the closest Camping World is just over 2 hours away. If a store was closer I would be more inclined to buy things there that I had the opportunity to actually look at. But since I have to have things shipped I always go with the lowest total price was is almost always Amazon.

My wife and I are actually driving to the Camping World in Bridgeport NJ this Saturday. This will be the first time I have ever been to a Camping World.

I really do appreciate the magazines/mailings that Camping World mail out. IMO they are a really great resource.

big buford

Buena Park, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/12 02:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love going into a camping world store! Feel like a kid in a candy store... However, The whole presidents club thing doesnt sit well with me.

I guess there are two ways to look at it.

1) Customer pays membership and feel he or she needs to shop there for the year period to re-coupe cost of membership.

2) (where I find myself) I go only a day or 2 before a trip to pick up a small item in need. While there, I always see several things I'd buy when I visit the store 2-3 times a year. I dont want to pay a membership to get a certain price and feel I need to go several times a year to make the membership worth it to me.

I guess to sum it up, love the store, love the items, just not going to play the games, I shop elsewhere.

04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat Subaru pwr
06 Rhino
06 Raptor 700
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/12 03:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

big buford wrote:

I love going into a camping world store! Feel like a kid in a candy store... However, The whole presidents club thing doesnt sit well with me.

I guess there are two ways to look at it.

1) Customer pays membership and feel he or she needs to shop there for the year period to re-coupe cost of membership.

2) (where I find myself) I go only a day or 2 before a trip to pick up a small item in need. While there, I always see several things I'd buy when I visit the store 2-3 times a year. I dont want to pay a membership to get a certain price and feel I need to go several times a year to make the membership worth it to me.

I guess to sum it up, love the store, love the items, just not going to play the games, I shop elsewhere.

1. Depends on what you are buying. If you are purchasing $5 and $10 things. Then no, there will be no advantage for it.

2. I think you pretty much answered #1.

To sum it up as you mentioned. The old Presidents Club probably wouldn't of been good for you. But now there is not the Presidents Club. It's the Good Sam Club. You get the discounts at CW, but you also get the discounts at GS Parks as well. There are also a lot of other perks with it. All for not much more than the cost of the old Presidents Club.

PSUCamper

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/12 07:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The whole problem with the joining the Club is that it still doesn't entitle you to better prices than you can find on Amazon. You are essentially paying to be allowed to pay more than you have too.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Accessories

> I love CW, but...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Accessories

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS