RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Anyone Made Any Camping Plans?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Anyone Made Any Camping Plans?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
doublenot7

Clear Lake, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/12 09:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just cancelled our planned trip this weekend, spouse is nearing due date and concerned about being too far away is the baby decides to show up early. No camping now until July!

Just the 5 of us

NC USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/12 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doublenot7 wrote:

Just cancelled our planned trip this weekend, spouse is nearing due date and concerned about being too far away is the baby decides to show up early. No camping now until July!

July will be here before you know it! Wishing you guys the best!

2011 Crossroads Cruiser 31RFK
2002 Dodge 2500 4x4 quad cab cummins diesel.
ME,
the husband
twin boys

Wxguru

Austin,AR

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/12 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just returned from 3 nights at the Dam Site campground on Greers Ferry lake in Heber Springs, AR. It is only 60 miles from our home, so perfect distance. Already have booked memorial day weekend at Wooly Hollow State Park here in Arkansas. Again, about 60-70 miles from our home. Many trips in-between as well....just not sure where yet.

2012 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Bighorn, 6.7L CTD
2011 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28A+KS
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Laramie, 6.7L CTD--Owned 1 week!
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X2, 5.7L HEMI--Retired Dec 2012

snoocs1010

Delmar, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/12 09:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doublenot7 wrote:

Hope all goes well future camper on the way! Let us know that everything goes ok. July will be here soon! Loved camping with my daughter as a baby it is so simple, and you get to really enjoy camping life because it forces you to slow down.

Joanna

longarrow

Copperas Cove, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/12 02:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been out several times this year. OUR BIG plan is for May-July. Me my dog (Koda) my brother his DW and Rascal (dog) will leave TX head west to NM, AZ, NV and CA, Then OR, (pickup my DW)in OR on to WA, then back to TX via ID,MT, WY, CO,OK. Planning to drive MAX 6 hours a day, hope to keep it to 4 hours! The planning package is 2" thick!! Hope ALL goes well!

zack0109

Newport dunes

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 02:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

longarrow wrote:

Been out several times this year. OUR BIG plan is for May-July. Me my dog (Koda) my brother his DW and Rascal (dog) will leave TX head west to NM, AZ, NV and CA, Then OR, (pickup my DW)in OR on to WA, then back to TX via ID,MT, WY, CO,OK. Planning to drive MAX 6 hours a day, hope to keep it to 4 hours! The planning package is 2" thick!! Hope ALL goes well!

What a big plan!...Sounds a little bit crazy and I just like this. Look forward to hear from you about the great camping. There must be many interests waiting for you.

Good luck and have fun.

Into the wild.Pop Up CanopyPop Up Canopy

DE88ROX

West Michigan. The other West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/12 02:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1st trip is in a couple weeks to shakedown the new TT.
2nd trip-A Memorial Day w/e trip, haven't had one of those in years.
3rd trip-Our 20th annual 2 week trip to Yankee Springs State Park (mi) over the 4th of July.
4th trip-5 days at MIS for the August NASCAR Race. 19 years and counting.

Already 2 more trips than we have had the last few years. My Daughters were very involved in HS athletics, so for a long time we really had to curtail our camping trips and never really got back into it like we wanted until now. Now, with Daughter #1 out of college and Daughter #2 with 1 more year to go with her college, along with the fact that the old PUP is gone and the new TT is waiting in the wings, I'm soooo ready to make up for lost time!!!!

TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

DE88ROX

West Michigan. The other West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/12 03:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doublenot7 wrote:

Congrats and good luck!!

awoodwaring

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/12 09:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

longarrow wrote:

We'll be doing a big trip this year, as well...maybe we'll cross paths at some point!

We will be going from CA to FL via AZ, NM, TX, LO on the way there and SC, GA, TN, MO, SD, WY and NV or OR on the way home. I am sure gas is gonna kill us!

garmp1

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/12 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heading to the mountains of Georgia, (Vogel State Park) for a couple of days, then off to Myrtle Beach for Easter weekend plus. After that a leisurely trip back home seeing a couple of new to us parks and back to the old grind. But will be ordering the new van upon return and have it dropped shipped to the converter for our RV. Look out Oct, we'll be RV'ers. Yahoo!

Camping in a Sportsmobile. How much better can it get?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Anyone Made Any Camping Plans?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS