RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Anyone Made Any Camping Plans?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Anyone Made Any Camping Plans?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
snoocs1010

Delmar, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 04:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For all worrying about gas not sure how true but on the news on the radio, they said now it will only be going up to $4 by memorial day and believe it won't go above that. Not great news but definitely better than the $5 & $6 they were predicting. All this with a caution that nothing disrupts production.

Joanna

ANewCreation

VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/12 04:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yippie! We have a trip coming up in a couple of weeks in the Blue Ridge Mtns. of Va! Can't wait!

Just the 5 of us

NC USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ANewCreation wrote:

Yippie! We have a trip coming up in a couple of weeks in the Blue Ridge Mtns. of Va! Can't wait!

We always enjoy going to that part of VA. One of our favorite places

2011 Crossroads Cruiser 31RFK
2002 Dodge 2500 4x4 quad cab cummins diesel.
ME,
the husband
twin boys

Chock Full o' Nuts

GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/12 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We took our rig out last weekend for the shake-down cruise and dewinterization. I have put most of our plans on hold but I do have a couple trips planned. Next weekend I'll be joining my mom at a COE in Alabama. The week after that my sister is flying in from western Washington to go camping with me in the North Georgia mountains. I'm hoping we can go do something at Memorial Day weekend and I do have one trip planned for late June.

"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/12 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just the 5 of us wrote:

wbwood wrote:

rnamiddleton wrote:

trying to decide if we want to make plans for Zooland in Ashboro NC for Springbreak or not. DD wants to go to the beach, but not with the price of diesel..Trying to find CG's close to home, but not really that many in NC.

There are campgrounds and state parks all over NC...

Just do a google search for campgrounds in NC and there is a website that is dedicated to NC state parks. I forgot what the web address is though. Just do a search on google for nc state parks too. I will say this about NC state parks. There are only a few that I have found that have Rv sites. Most only allow tent camping. Unless there are some changes that have been done and I hadn't found out about any of them yet. The only state park that we have camped in here in NC is Stone Mountain State Park. The only thing that I was not all that impressed with was the fact that there was not a whole lot in the way of activities or near by attractions within the park itself. (ie, playground, etc.)

Check out poplar point at Jordan Lake, it has a playground on one of the loops and it has w/e sites for RV's. I am actually organizing a meetup their in june for the Raleigh Camping Connection meet up group. Only downside is you must be in the park to stay for the night when the gates close at dusk.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold after 3 1/2 yrs and 76 nights camped in it!

lj2654

weeki wachee, florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/12 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heading out to Hillsborough River State Park in Thonotosassa,Fl. today for 5 days. Dw,son,Shadow the Dalmation and Jack the Dachshund.
First time there and only the second time in our new to us 2001 Beaver Contessa RV! First trip went well, we almost had everything we needed, so this one should be good too. The weather is amazing and going to be this way for a few days before some rain appears.

2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Just the 5 of us

NC USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/12 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

anaro wrote:

We have plans to go out next weekend to sycamore lodge in NC but it looks like rain so we might post-pone that a week for better weather. We are also going to poplar point at Jordan Lake in NC in June and Fort Mill KOA (near charlotte NC) in July as well as Nascar RV resort at endless caverns in Oct. Everything else will be a play it by ear trip. probably a trip to the zoo and stay at zooland in asheboro NC one month. Maybe a trip to camp hatteras if they have any c2c sites available when we can book it. Our fall back campground is always sycamore lodge. We love it there and it is only an hour and a half ride for us.

Popular Point is a nice place. We camped there for a weekend get away last summer. We will probably do the same this summer too. Falls lake is a nice area too. Have you been up to Kerr Lake?

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/12 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have plans to go out next weekend to sycamore lodge in NC but it looks like rain so we might post-pone that a week for better weather. We are also going to poplar point at Jordan Lake in NC in June and Fort Mill KOA (near charlotte NC) in July as well as Nascar RV resort at endless caverns in Oct. Everything else will be a play it by ear trip. probably a trip to the zoo and stay at zooland in asheboro NC one month. Maybe a trip to camp hatteras if they have any c2c sites available when we can book it. Our fall back campground is always sycamore lodge. We love it there and it is only an hour and a half ride for us.

Camper Bruce

United States

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/12 03:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we have plans to go to Erie KOA in the begining of May, we usually take advantage of the kids kamp weekends- hope the weather is warm and can enjoy the beach area.

Jazzdrummer60

Botkins, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/12 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our first outing will probably be to Holland, Michigan for the Tulip Festival in early May. However, if the weather continues as it has for the last month, we may get a short trip or two in before then! We usually don't get out until June or so.

It's easier to gain forgiveness than get permission.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Anyone Made Any Camping Plans?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS