|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Good Sam or Coach-Net

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/12 03:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tgr2975 wrote:

I received a call about GS ERS, and was told there are 3 programs. I have looked and I can only find the one. Does anyone know of coverage options?

There are only two. It's on their website at http://www.goodsamers.com/

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
ACME Tow Dolly
2007 Toyota Yaris (Toad)

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/12 03:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also remember for those whop say they are not happy with GS ERS that they can get a full refund within 30 days or a prorated amount on the existing past that. Even if you have used their services. Who else would do that?

red ranger

w.pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/12 11:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we were in a cg near little rock and were not able to retract our jacks. talked to tech at coach net and asked to have rs come to jump the battery. the tech insisted on sending an rv tech. i couldn't convince him that it had to be a dead coach battery.
said tech would be there in 3 or 4 hrs. long story short, found a neighbor with jumper cables and used towd to power the jacks. outa there. didn't call back.

signed up with gs and haven't look back. blew a tire on I95 last month. called rs and she promised tire truck in about 45 min. called back later and sd original truck "was not able to come" ( getting dark at quitting time.) she got another tire service and was there in 1/ hr. very pleased with gs.
red

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/12 12:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This product is so important to have. I would strongly encourage all of you to consider. I would however shop around and make sure you pick the carrier that you feel meets your needs. If you find something from someone else that we dont do well please tell me

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/12 04:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wbwood wrote:

Also remember for those whop say they are not happy with GS ERS that they can get a full refund within 30 days or a prorated amount on the existing past that. Even if you have used their services. Who else would do that?

I canceled my Coach-Net service last month. They sent me a check for the unused service. Canceling was easier than solving a service problem.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad

Super C Group Forum

Noel

Southern Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 05:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have both. As I read both policies, you can have a mobile mechanic come to you and get you going. If mechanic cannot do this.....and you need a tow......both policies do not permit this. It is a separate incident. You will have to pay full retail to the tow truck.

So, if GS ERS mechanic cannot get you going, you call CoachNet for the tow. All is free.

Did I read the policies right?

Noel

2003 National Dolphin LX 6335, W22, 8.1L

jk102

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 08:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were on Cape Cod a few years ago, when it was time to leave CG sat dish would not retract called Good Sam ERS, tech called and said he be there on Tuesday (this was Saturday) called GS back and was told the had no one else in the Provincetown area. The CG owner came with ladder and unbolted the dish from roof. Did not renew Good Sam the next year. Upgraded my AAA membership to Plus RV. I also have Coach Net, which dealer through in the deal for 5 years. Had a blow out on I-81 near PA state line this month. Called Coach Net first, they called me back after 45 min and told me after calling 10 or 11 places they found someone who could come out in about 2 hours as they were all busy. Called AAA, they called back in less then 10 min and said someone would be there in 1 hour. The AAA Emergency Truck arrived in 35 min and put our spare on. We were in a rural area in a rest area.

Noel

Southern Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 12:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As usual, I was confused. It is Coach Net that will not give me a free tow if the mobile mechanic was there and could not get me going.

Thanks, Mark Kupper...........

MKRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/12 03:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Roadside Assistance (GSRA) has a very robust network of Mobile Mechanics all across the country. If GSRA and the Member determine a Mobile Mechanic can remedy the RV's disablement, and a local Mobile Mechanic competent to resolve the disablement is available, one will be sent. If that Mobile Mechanic can not get the RV going, Good Sam Roadside Assistance will provide whatever additional service is necessary - including a tow - at no additional charge to the Member.

Noel

Southern Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/12 05:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can Marcus L. clear up for me: If I use GS ERS mobile mechanic, but he cannot fix me up to get moving........and I now ask for a tow truck........will I be charged full fare for the tow truck?

Thanks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Good Sam or Coach-Net
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS