|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Coverage Question

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
rcosta

Long Island, New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/12 08:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,
I am a new member to Good Sam Extended Service. I had a radio break and tried to work out the coverage for this myself back in November. Since the replacement cost was less than the deductible, I choose not to do anything. Last month I brought my TT in for a host of other things. Good Sam though says since I already filed a 'claim', I need to pay another deductible just for the radio itself? So, in essence, my phone all back in November cost my $200. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks.

Rich and Jen
4 Children (16, 13, 10 and 6)
2009 Keystone Springdale pulled by 2000 Ford Excursion (V 10)

bldrbuck

one or the other

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/12 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam is a good company, but all extended warrentees are over priced. I would not take one.

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/12 05:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rcosta wrote:

Hi,
I am a new member to Good Sam Extended Service. I had a radio break and tried to work out the coverage for this myself back in November. Since the replacement cost was less than the deductible, I choose not to do anything. Last month I brought my TT in for a host of other things. Good Sam though says since I already filed a 'claim', I need to pay another deductible just for the radio itself? So, in essence, my phone all back in November cost my $200. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks.

Did you actually file the claim after they told you what the deductible was?

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
ACME Tow Dolly
2014 Ford Focus(Toad)

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/12 05:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to understand your perspective better on pricing. Is there a way for any of you to send me some comparisons. IF we are out of line we want to deal with it immediately.

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

rcosta

Long Island, New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/12 06:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In reply to the question if I filed a claim, Good Sam said I did. I thought I was just getting information. To their credit, they did give me information. But in my mind, one files a claim when action is taken. I took no action. It is a shame because I am somewhat new to camping and very new to this type of plan. So for sure, there is no way I would renew the plan when it is up. It is a bit frustrating when one tries hard to do the right thing and winds up paying for it. Thanks.

Scott Blanc

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/12 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is the way deductibles are applied with Good Sam Extended Service Plan (ESP). You are only asked to pay one deductible per repair visit or per failure. What that means is that if you take your RV in for covered repairs, and you have multiple components that need repair or replacement, you will be charged only ONE deductible for that visit. Also, if you have a problem that takes more than one visit to fix, or must be fixed at multiple repair facilities, you will be charged only ONE deductible.

If you feel that this is not how your claim was handled, please send me your information directly and I will make sure it is corrected.

Scott Blanc
Vice President and General Manager
Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Scott Blanc
Vice President and General Manager
Good Sam Continued Service Plan
sblanc@goodsamfamily.com

lanerd

Ridgecrest CA or Newport OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/12 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think his contention was that he "didn't" file a claim for the radio repair as he fixed the problem himself...so therefore, GS ESP was NOT out any money at all for this repair; hence, no claim.

If he did in fact file a claim and received a claim number, but did not act upon it and have the radio repaired at GS ESP's expense, then I too think there should not have been a deductible applied to the claim.

My two cents...

Ron

Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ILS 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Jim & Betty

Brandon, South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/12 11:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bldrbuck wrote:

Good Sam is a good company, but all extended warrentees are over priced. I would not take one.

I have to disagree with you on your post Good Sam CSP in my opinion is well worth the price. I do assume that one day I will not renew but not in the near future.

JimR

emzee

california

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 12:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice to see Scott Blanc, Vice President and General Manager of
Good Sam Extended Service Plan in here backing up his product. I have one and appreciate Mr. Blanc taking the time to come in here and offer his services, very commendable!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Coverage Question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS