|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> New TT opinions and question

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Mr Fix

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/12 11:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All,
We just got a seasonal site at the lake where we camp so I am looking to replace my older Class A(which I used to move back and forth from storage) with a new travel trailer. We looked at the new Crossroads Zinger 32RE and like the layout. We are not completely locked into this trailer. So if there are comparable models that folks recommend, I'd appreciate that input as well. It is just two of us and a dog that would be using it regularly. But, we'd like to have guests out pretty regularly and need to have sleeping space for them. I can go up to 40', but don't want to go much below 31'-32'. One possible problem with the 32RE, which a good friend pointed out, is that the fridge is in the slide, which means it is vented through the side. Is this, or can this be, problematic? Is there anything that can be done to make it function better if it is a problem? I know I've said/asked a lot here. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

gregrc75

New Bedford, Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/12 01:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are many brands with the "RE" floorplan.

Check out the Keystone Bullet Premier 29RTPR. The fridge is not in the slide:
Bullet Premier 29RTPR

Also the Keystone Outback has a similar floorplan:
Keystone Outback.

Again, many manufacturers offer this floorplan so you would have alot to choose from.

Greg and J
Sam - the Golden Retriever. Ben - the Yellow Lab
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 28RLPR
2012 Nissan Titan SL CC

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/12 01:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For a trailer that mostly just stand still in the same spot the floor plan is probably the most important aspect. You don't care that much how well it tows, how it stands up to the miles, or any OTHER aspect of a mobile RV. I'd look around and find the layout you like best and be assured that most ANY layout will be able to work out well for you.
Good luck / Skip

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Mr Fix

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/12 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Greg and Skip for the info an quick replies.
Steve

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/12 08:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crossroads makes a good trailer. I have been very pleased with my zinger. They have good customer service and a 2 yr warranty. Downside is some of the dealerships don't have the best service. However, if you have dealer problems contact Randy Mischler at crossroads and the problem is usually resolved really quickly. I have had some minor warranty work done twice and crossroads stood behind the product and fixed the trailer without issues. Lots of dedicated crossroads owners. Come on over to the crossroads owners forum

If you want another brand to look at, here is a Primetime lacrosse that you might like. They also are reported to have good customer service and I believe (but am not certain) they also have a 2 yr warranty. Happy hunting.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold after 3 1/2 yrs and 76 nights camped in it!

Kittykath

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/12 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are also seasonals, a couple with occasional visitors. The Minnesota camping season tends to be short, and we wanted to make the best of it. Last year we achieved our goal of camping more days than working. Yay!

Because we spend so much time there, we were choosy and took everything into consideration: the view, the layout, the storage, sleeping room, etc. We chose the Keystone Cougar High Country 321RES because of it's spaciousness and how perfect it is for 2 people.

http://www.keystone-highcountry.com/cougar/index.php?page=floorplans&coast=&model=321RES

This unit has 3 slideouts that haven't given us any problems staying extend 100% of the time for 5 months. The refrigerator is also in a large slide and is problem-free.

The airbed is the most comfortable bed of all. When set-up, there's a nice view out the picture window or of the TV. Resembles a hotel room. It truly is a home away from home.

A couple of notes though, we are lacking outside storage, having only one decent-size pass through. Forced a little organization and de-hoarding. And we've had to relevel twice. Not sure what causes that, settling or whatever and really no big deal. That was the first year. Crossed fingers that this season is just as successful.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> New TT opinions and question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS