RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Happijac Electric Bed Circuit Board Loc?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Happijac Electric Bed Circuit Board Loc?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
FJ60Kai

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 11:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello folks, new member here. Looking for some help/ advice regarding my Happijac electric bed and it's wiring configuration. I'm trouble shooting an "up/ raising" problem with the beds currently and need to locate the circuit board for the system. However, I can't find the circuit board and I'm still waiting on a reply from the manufacturer. In the meaning time I wondering if anyone can help.

I have a 2006 Thor Vortex toyhauler (WTB247) with a front bedroom and the dual queen electric beds in back via a chain drive Happijac system. Beds won't go up, but down. I can't find the circuit board for the system. Switch is wired into wall near side door, wires go up wall into ceiling, then two wires (black and red) come out of the ceiling above the bed motor and wire into the motor. Somewhere there is a circuit board for the motor, but I can't find it anywhere and can't imagine that it would be somewhere up in the ceiling (or at least I hope it's not). Any ideas where this may have been placed in the wiring for the beds? I don't see any fake panels or removable panels that could be hiding the circuit board so I'm kind of stumped at this point until I hear back from MVP RV with hopefully some insight as to the wiring diagram for my make and model. Thanks for any ideas.

mapguy

Puget Sound

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happijac Bed webpage -Tech links on left

http://happijac.com/prod-lifts/lift-ov.php

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 12:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine is behind the control panel. Download the wiring diagram and instructions from their website. I had to troubleshoot mine and found it was the limit switches, one top, one bottom. To bypass everything you can put 12v to the black/red wires, reverse the polarity and the motor turns the opposite way, will at least get the beds back up. I suspect your upper limit switch is broken.

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
'06 3005 Rage'n Falcon

RobertK

Fresno Area/Central California

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 01:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mapguy wrote:

Happijac Bed webpage -Tech links on left

http://happijac.com/prod-lifts/lift-ov.php

Thanks for the link, thats good info. I have the same issues with my bunks

Quick Sand

Burlingame, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 01:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the same problem and also found it to be a limit switch out of wack.

2011 Voltage V3900
2011 Duramax 3500 SRW SB 4x4
2013 Raptor 250
2011 Yamaha YFZ450R SE #51
2008 KTM 450XC #70
2008 Suzuki LTR450 #53
2007 Honda TRX250
2011 Polaris RZR XP900 MCX Turbo
2012 Polaris RZR 570 Sparks-620 #553
2014 Trophy Kart JR-Mod 200 #437

2quadfmly

Il - Az

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 05:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My chain lift had a small piece of foam rubber in the bottom part of the track. This guided the chain near a proximity type switch. If the rubber came out mine would not go down. Look for the simple things. These lifts are very dependable.

2008 F350 DRW
2011 Enduramax Special Order
2006 500 Polaris 2UP
2009 550 Polaris Sportsman
2010 Smart car

FJ60Kai

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 08:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the help and advice. I've been trying to trouble shoot this thing in between working all week. I've seen all those Happijac diagrams and I still need to try the upper limit switch, however, my luck will be it won't be that simple and therefore the next step is the circuit board. That's my problem, where the heck did THOR mount the circuit board? I can't seem to find it but I know there's one somewhere on this trailer, otherwise the lift motor never would have changed directions. So I've crawled around inside the trailer and for the life of me I can't figure out where it is...........

BobWanderer

Perris,Calif,USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/12 10:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If its not raining too hard tommorrow, I will look at my 05 Wanderer WTB247, I don't know where the board is and I have the older style bed lift, but its better than nothing.
I will get back to you either way. Good luck with getting in touch with Thor, their in "limbo" again and looking for someone to bail them out AGAIN !!

2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

FJ60Kai

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/12 01:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Limbo again huh? Great, no help is what that means. MPV RV sent me an email saying they are no longer in buisness and gave me Thor's number to call but nothing so far. Makes sense now. Well I appreciate you looking and seeing if you can find your's. I know there's got to be one somewhere, I just don't know where they hid it.

Here's the most frustrating thing I've been dealing with these beds; this morning I went out to start looking at the upper limit switch and before I unscrewed it, I tried the beds and IT NOW WORKS JUST FINE!!!!????!!! So now I won't know for sure until it once again does not go up. Needless to say, I still need to find the circuit board because I going to just replace the upper limit switch and the circuit board regardless. I'm just glad I wasn't out with the toys when this happened because it's been over a week and a half that the beds won't go up. Now that I have the weekend to trouble shoot it the damn thing works just fine? It's enough to make a guy go crazy!

BobWanderer

Perris,Calif,USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/12 05:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The rain slowed down enough to look at a few places, nothing yet.
I pulled the switch plate off and found 3 wires that went down thru the wall and then thru the floor. I pulled the wall plate off where the wires to the motor go and those also went thru the floor. At least I know what colors the wires are. Looked everywhere that I have access to and no luck. I am beginning to think that it might be in the compartment where the converter and circuit breakers are since there are lots of wires going into that area ?? I need to open the ramp door and roll the Rhino back a little to get into that area and see if its there.
It was not a waste of time, I found a brand new pack of dental floss and 2 new toothbrushes that fell out of the drawers and into an area under the drawers. I also vaccumed up a spider and some webs during the search.

NOT thru yet, got my curiousity going and I am NOT one to give up.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Happijac Electric Bed Circuit Board Loc?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS