|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Garmin or Tom Tom

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 10:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

robsouth wrote:

Unless you are comparing similar Garmins to Tom Toms, with similar models, features, etc, this thread is a total waste of time. Sure some of the newer Garmins will out perform on older Tom Tom, and vice-versa. I have three Tom Toms and have been well pleased with them. Can't speak to the Garmins or Magellans or whatever other brands there are cause I have had no reason to try them out.

Ditto X10! Comparing a cheap small device versus a more expensive model in ANY brand is not apples to apples.

6 years ago I bought the most expensive TomTom, with the biggest screen for these tired ole eyes an one that I could SPEAK my directions into instead of typing them in.
I have been VERY pleased with this TomTom GPS.....still going strong and getting me to where I want to go.

I think the one big common complaint is about which route their GPS takes them and they want to blame the brand of GPS.

I think what most people are not aware of is there is a selection on all GPS units for the 'fastest route AND the 'shortest route'.

If it is set on the 'shortest route' you can find yourself with a 31 ft MH towing being led around and out and thru a subdivision just to get to an interstate because that was the SHORTEST route!! Don't ask me how I know this or about the trip thru an alley, but it DID teach me to set the GPS to fastest route NOT shortest route.!

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Garmin or Tom Tom
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS