|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Garmin or Tom Tom

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 10:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

robsouth wrote:

Unless you are comparing similar Garmins to Tom Toms, with similar models, features, etc, this thread is a total waste of time. Sure some of the newer Garmins will out perform on older Tom Tom, and vice-versa. I have three Tom Toms and have been well pleased with them. Can't speak to the Garmins or Magellans or whatever other brands there are cause I have had no reason to try them out.

Ditto X10! Comparing a cheap small device versus a more expensive model in ANY brand is not apples to apples.

6 years ago I bought the most expensive TomTom, with the biggest screen for these tired ole eyes an one that I could SPEAK my directions into instead of typing them in.
I have been VERY pleased with this TomTom GPS.....still going strong and getting me to where I want to go.

I think the one big common complaint is about which route their GPS takes them and they want to blame the brand of GPS.

I think what most people are not aware of is there is a selection on all GPS units for the 'fastest route AND the 'shortest route'.

If it is set on the 'shortest route' you can find yourself with a 31 ft MH towing being led around and out and thru a subdivision just to get to an interstate because that was the SHORTEST route!! Don't ask me how I know this or about the trip thru an alley, but it DID teach me to set the GPS to fastest route NOT shortest route.!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Garmin or Tom Tom
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS