|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> My New Bullet

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
BigSur2

Hampton, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/12 08:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just wanted to share this via a new thread. I had another thread preparing for the purchase, but since I've done the deed, I wanted to put it out front. Very happy so far but I'm sure I will be following up with you guys to help me figure everything out. In fact, where's Barney at.....I'm about to re-adjust my hitch

BigSur2
2012 Keystone Bullet 286QBS
2006 Ford F150 5.4 V8

Stovall_Family4

Athens,GA (Dawgtown)

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/12 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats, I love the new bullets with the black trim instead of the tan looks good sir. what model is it?

TV 2005 F150 LARIAT SCREW 4X4
TT 2012 WILDWOOD 26TBSS
Nights Camped 2011= 37
Nights Camped 2012= 24 and counting

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/12 11:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigSur2 wrote:

Just wanted to share this via a new thread. I had another thread preparing for the purchase, but since I've done the deed, I wanted to put it out front. Very happy so far but I'm sure I will be following up with you guys to help me figure everything out. In fact, where's Barney at.....I'm about to re-adjust my hitch

I'm right here! Nice rig. If you need help just give a shout either via PM, here, or over on the Towing forum.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty, 7.3L PSD
Visit our website here

SWD

Land of Living Skies

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/12 09:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice unit, congrats! I'd flip the axles for sure. Went on-line to see the floor plans. Will be seriously considering the 281BHS for our next acquisition.

snoocs1010

Delmar, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/12 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations, welcome to the Bullet Family, love ours. The black is sharp.

Joanna

DRS1949

Englewood

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/12 03:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camped all last year with a 246 RBS..loved it...Gran ma says BIGGER..traded at the show for a 284 RLS..we just love the bullets..my son bought a Premier 31 BHPR..

2012 F250 Lariat CC FX4 6.2 Boss
2013 Cougar High Country 299RKS
Reese Elite 18K/non slide
Firestone RideRite airbags

snoocs1010

Delmar, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 07:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DRS1949 wrote:

Camped all last year with a 246 RBS..loved it...Gran ma says BIGGER..traded at the show for a 284 RLS..we just love the bullets..my son bought a Premier 31 BHPR..

I have to agree with Granma, we love ours, really roomy and all the features of home in a way that just compilments the outdoors, ours has the large back window with the two side windows and captains chairs, so relaxing for reading or having some coffee and enjoying the wilderness around you.

snoocs1010

Delmar, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigSur2 wrote:

Its a 286 QBS. I'm really happy with it so far. We origianlly looked at the 281BHS, which was also nice but opted to have the quad bunk in the back. Momma is REAL happy, and if Momma's happy....we're all happy. You guys know that

Barney, thanks for the offer for help. You really set me straight with my Husky hitch a year ago....you were a TON of help. Fortunately, you taught me enough last time to know what to look for, and with the help of the Equalizer installation manual, I'm pretty sure I've got this thing more finely tuned than a stringed instrument. It's AMAZING how bad some dealer's service techs are. I "paid" for installation, watched them do it, and immediately new they werent doing it right. No measuring, no torquing (sp?),....nothing; just slapped it on. It rode like a wild horse all the way home. I spent about 4 hours today measuring, testing, re-adjusting, and repeating until my measurements were not much short of perfect. I just took it out on a drive...pulls like a shadow.

Thanks to everyone who helped me pull the trigger on this. You guys are always great; I'm proud to be a forum member.

Happy Camping!!!!!

We were really lucky had a great tech who did all the correct things and spent the time with me and my DH to know exactly what to do and not to. Have to say pulling home from NH to New York on the Molly Stark trail and having borrowed a tow vehicle from a friend we were lucky, of course my DH is very informed on this already from his personal experiences in his work, but good to know we were buying from a good dealer.

BigSur2

Hampton, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/12 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its a 286 QBS. I'm really happy with it so far. We origianlly looked at the 281BHS, which was also nice but opted to have the quad bunk in the back. Momma is REAL happy, and if Momma's happy....we're all happy. You guys know that

Barney, thanks for the offer for help. You really set me straight with my Husky hitch a year ago....you were a TON of help. Fortunately, you taught me enough last time to know what to look for, and with the help of the Equalizer installation manual, I'm pretty sure I've got this thing more finely tuned than a stringed instrument. It's AMAZING how bad some dealer's service techs are. I "paid" for installation, watched them do it, and immediately new they werent doing it right. No measuring, no torquing (sp?),....nothing; just slapped it on. It rode like a wild horse all the way home. I spent about 4 hours today measuring, testing, re-adjusting, and repeating until my measurements were not much short of perfect. I just took it out on a drive...pulls like a shadow.

Thanks to everyone who helped me pull the trigger on this. You guys are always great; I'm proud to be a forum member.

Happy Camping!!!!!

steeleshark

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/12 03:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice rig! Congrats on your purchase.

2011 Nissan Armada SL w/Tow Package
2012 Coachmen Freedom Express (292BHDS) Liberty Edition

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> My New Bullet
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS