|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> If you could have one car back

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ryegatevt

New Hampshire

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/12 06:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 1938 Chevrolet Master Deluxe 2 door with 59,000 miles. I bought her for $25 in 1955 when I was 14 years old and drove it off road for 2 years. Sold her when I went away to school...

Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our new Sheltie Pup!
Babe the Calico Cat

Mountain Jack

Shangri-La,Mountain in SW OR, above the Gold Creek

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 02:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lessmore wrote:

Another car I would like to have back, would be my 1967 Camaro Coupe with the 327 V8, 4 speed Muncie transmission and RS option. Marina blue with red line , wide oval tires...looked sharp.

When my brother got back from Vietnam, he bought a red&black 1967 Camaro 350 SS...............Beautiful ride

Mountain Jack

Shangri-La,Mountain in SW OR, above the Gold Creek

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/12 08:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lessmore wrote:

Mountain Jack wrote:

Lessmore wrote:

Another car I would like to have back, would be my 1967 Camaro Coupe with the 327 V8, 4 speed Muncie transmission and RS option. Marina blue with red line , wide oval tires...looked sharp.

When my brother got back from Vietnam, he bought a red&black 1967 Camaro 350 SS...............Beautiful ride

Mine too.

I used to love driving it....great sounds....the 327 V8 had a great exhaust note and the I recall the whine of the 4 speed Muncie transmission.

It would also move very quickly.

Before i served in Vietnam i had a shiny black 1962 Chev Impala 2drht, with the 409 engine 2- 4barrel carbs, 4 on the floor.

It's good gas was much less cost back then...hahaha

Drbolasky

Allentown, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/12 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wasn't mine but my brother's......

1969 Chevelle SS convertible, 396 rat motor, 4-speed with Hurst shifter. Frost green metallic with a black interior & top. One of the sharpest cars on the road in its day.

I didn't have the bucks to buy it off of him so he sold it to a local guy who let it go to pot.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew
2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors

Jagtech

Sunny Southern Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/12 10:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had more than a few, but my all time favorite was my '62 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk. Beautiful car !

1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 05:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mountain Jack wrote:

Lessmore wrote:

Mine too.

I used to love driving it....great sounds....the 327 V8 had a great exhaust note and the I recall the whine of the 4 speed Muncie transmission.

Xpltivdletd

WV, U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 08:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1965 947cc Renault R8 with 3-speed electromechanical automatic transaxle.

OK; kindly consider this subject to change but it's the first of my Departed vehicles that came to mind. For {too-long-backstory} I traded a 2D '62 Ford Galaxy 500XL with a 390 to a co-worker for this little 4D go-kart of a car in 1973, in Tidewater VA. 2 weeks after the deal was final, the fabled 1973 "Arab Oil Embargo" began; "odd/even" rationing, waiting-lines, the ΒΌ-tank rule; no swimming pools or movie stars. At 23 and with good knees, I could hand-push that 1675# car by its driver's A-pillar as the line moved. "Persons-unknown" had installed a toggle switch inside the glove-box that opened the gas-gauge circuit, so if I was otherwise eligible to buy gas, the gauge would read "E" on command. As nobody in Tidewater (exc the Renault dealer) would admit to knowing jack about any rear-engined Renault, nobody ever questioned how small the tank was.

But besides a consistent 39+ to the gallon the car was a lot of fun to drive, until that electromagnetic 'clutch' got wet once too often. Everything ELSE it ever needed to do, it did quite well and didn't require any high-tech equipment to keep the rest of it working. Best regards, all.

acker1

fulltimer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 08:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a '63 409, 425 hp (2 AFB carbs). When you floored it, it was like flushing a toilet. Good thing gas was cheaper then.

DICK

40' 2010 Phaeton QTH
toad--2013 Chevy Crew Cab pickup
Viet Vet '65, Ia Drang Valley survivor (We Were Soldiers)
Elks
www.4ezdaz.com Same site, different URL

kennethwooster

Perryton Tx USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/12 11:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1964 Cheverolet SS, with 300 hp, and 4 on the floor. Came with factory vinal top, and wooden steering wheel. I kept it perfect, but traded, when I should have just kept it.

kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/12 10:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mountain Jack wrote:

Lessmore wrote:

Mountain Jack wrote:

Lessmore wrote:

Mine too.

Before i served in Vietnam i had a shiny black 1962 Chev Impala 2drht, with the 409 engine 2- 4barrel carbs, 4 on the floor.

It's good gas was much less cost back then...hahaha

A beautiful car that 409 with dual quads. First time I saw one was in Chicago, early '64. I asked the guy if it was a real 409...he said...watch this...(he used stronger language ) and proceeded to rev the engine and pop the clutch...smoked the tires across the intersection.

BTW....I was convinced it was a 409...after this display.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> If you could have one car back
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS