RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: 10 Trips planned so far.....still need more.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 10 Trips planned so far.....still need more.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
JeninIndy

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/12 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So excited. Sat down today and booked another trip. When I counted them up, I have 10 planned so far.

Several places are going to be new to us - Indiana Dunes SP, Spring Mill SP and then there are a couple of favorites - Brown County SP, Prophetstown SP, Turkey Run SP, Mississinewa SP and a few other non state parks. We love Indiana State Park camping.

Trying to stay fairly close to home with the gas prices - longest trip this year is 3 hours away.

Where are you going this year?

Jenn & Wayne (and kids)
2012 Keystone Outback 250rs
2006 Nissan Armada

firewife

Lawrenceburg, IN

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/12 02:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have about 6 trips planned so far, we are finally going back to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan in July, love that place. My dh is very fond of FHU sites, although we do love most Indiana State parks. We found we like the Jellystone at Lake Monroe, this probably our favorite resort campground as there are many activities for the kids plus a 2 swimming pool . Follow the River for the Kentucky Speedway race in June.

2010 Palomino Sabre 32bhok
2005 F250 Crew Cab King Ranch

JeninIndy

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/12 02:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Andy,

We will probably be there the in August - I will look for your camper - looks a bit like mine. We have a 250rs. It is also a 2012 before the front caps went brown.....

LIKE2BUILD

Mt. Zion, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/12 02:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about you give Illinois a try? Kickapoo State Recreation Area is just west of the IL/IN border on I74. If you like to fish there are several great places for huge panfish and some bass on these lakes. If you're in Indy, Kickapoo shouldn't be much more than a 1 hour drive.

My family is planning to meet up this summer with my old high school buddy who lives in west central Indiana. For us it works out to be just about a middle meet up point for the both of us.

You can reserve camp sites through Reserve America.

KJ

'02 Jayco Qwest 324G
'04 Chevy 2500HD CrewCab |6.0L|2X4|4.10:1 | Eaton Posi-Trac
Curt MagnumV receiver
Eaz-Lift Hitch with Reese Dual Cam
2000 Crownline 205BR
'96 Polaris SLT780 PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (12, 6, & 4)
1 forgiving wife!!!

JeninIndy

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/12 02:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Jellystone in Lake Monroe is one we are interested in going to this year. I don't think I would ever get my daughter off the bouncing pillow though!!! I have heard that the sites are very small and very close together. Any tips on getting a good site there?

atomlinson

Hebron, KY

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/12 02:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jenn, to answer your question about Hidden Paradise, our spot is up on the top end of the campground, across from the big open field. We didn't get our spot until late last year, so we haven't gotten to swim in the quarry yet, but look forward to it. So far we really enjoy it there.

Andy
2012 Keystone Outback 280RS
2003 Chevy Silverado 1500HD

beaglescout

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/12 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're also keeping our plans to state parks near home to save on gas. Once you're camping and away from the stresses of regular life, being 20 miles away is just as good as 400!

JeninIndy

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/12 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LIKE2BUILD wrote:

How about you give Illinois a try? Kickapoo State Recreation Area is just west of the IL/IN border on I74. If you like to fish there are several great places for huge panfish and some bass on these lakes. If you're in Indy, Kickapoo shouldn't be much more than a 1 hour drive.

My family is planning to meet up this summer with my old high school buddy who lives in west central Indiana. For us it works out to be just about a middle meet up point for the both of us.

You can reserve camp sites through Reserve America.

KJ

Looks like a nice park - per mapquest a little under 2 hours away and we are a couple of towns above Indy.

Can you recommend sites within the campground. I looked at the satelite view of the park and it's hard to see the campsites due to the wonderful trees! I am used to seeing pictures of the sites through Indiana's reserve america system.

turbofamily

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/12 04:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@JeninIndy....I wish we had that many trips planned!!! Planning on going to Potato Creek, Chain O'Lakes....had plans to go camping in Michigan, but DH work keeps laying them all off and then bringing them back...it's putting a huge wrench in our vacation plans. I work too and my schedule isn't flexible

2011 Jayflight 24FBS
2008 Ford F-150
Steve
Beth Ann
Tinkerbell-the spoiled Yorkie

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/12 03:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

beaglescout wrote:

We're also keeping our plans to state parks near home to save on gas. Once you're camping and away from the stresses of regular life, being 20 miles away is just as good as 400!

Jeeze 20 miles in Dakota means you are going to your neighbors LOL

20 miles, 400 miles been there, We go where we havn't been or new places we missed. 400 miles or 2500 miles its all fun and to sit and whine about fuel will just mean it is likely you will never get to go all over the US and Canada!

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2015 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
Lifes short enough without bitch'n about it!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 10 Trips planned so far.....still need more.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS