RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Have you ever added up what you got into your RV?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Have you ever added up what you got into your RV?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Raymon

Phoenixville, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 06:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No I do not want to know; it may take away all the fun. We cherish all the memories we have with each other and our family, especially the 7 grandchildren. May be expensive, but worth every penny. If we did not spend our money camping (RV'ing?), we would just pend it on something else and may not have as many great memories. JMHO

Ray

SteveAE

Bend, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Almost $10,000 in modification into a ~$20,000 (new) travel trailer in the past 18 months.
OK, so maybe I have gone just a litle bit overboard, but I have been enjoying the learning and tinkering almost as much as the trips.
Hum, I wonder what I should do to it next?

Having fun,
Steve

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/12 08:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe a doodad or two but I'm definitely not into farkles!

2000 Born Free 24RB Class C
6.8L Ford V-10 Engine, E450 Chassis

Vulcaneer

Central New Hampshire, Naples, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 07:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you ever added up what you got into your RV? No...Why would you ever do that?

For the same reason you never add up how much money you got into your wife? Tell her if she keeps coming up with stuff like that, you might start looking at her differently, too. Course, don't forget to add in the "pleasure" quotient there too.

'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2011 Open Range 393RLS 14,250 GVWR
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL you Giggle and Poop.

snowdance

State of Jefferson

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/12 07:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been doing the RV thing for over 40 years. A couple years ago we added up what we knew we spent on boats (Lived on them) and RV's. Came up with well over a half million bucks.. But we both feel it was well worth it as the screen saver on our computers run endless pics of our times. Memories of every pic. Even those taken 40 years ago of some hill or some thing. My sig. kind of tells our story. Would not trade any of it for the money back..

Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

FunnyCamper

Southeastern

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actual money spent ON the travel trailer.

Not alot at all. I added a bike rack. New tires when needed. I put a fantastic fan into the bathroom. Bought 2 tables, 2 lounge chairs and an ice machine for the camper. Bought a few things needed I didn't have in the house to get supplies.

Truly not that much at all.

We bring our bikes, we bring our float items from our pool, I use my towels from the house, sheets from the house. All items I just pack a week or so before the trip from the house. All items are also used in the house so truly it could not have been alot of money geared directly at the camper.

hottubkid

SCHAUMBURG,IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/12 08:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW and I agreed that I can spend as much as she does on the Grandkids but she spends way more than I do.

hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/12 08:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

I have been doing Up-Dates and Mods to every RV we have ever owned in the past 45+ years as RV'ers.

We don't even worry about it. What price do you put on your "Pure Comfort" and "Enjoyment", whats its worth to you ?.

We have never regreated any of our choices yet. I have already done a "Complete Inside Make Over" on our Motorhome when we first bought it.

Just becase we wanted it to look the way we wanteed it to look. And because we could.

We bought our Motorhome for a "Once in a Lifetime Buy". Even with the cost of the "Inside Make-Over" we still don't have all that much invested in our Motorhome.

For what we saved, it will keep Fuel in our Motorhome for a very long time.

I even thought that I was totaly done with Up-Grades Mods to our Motorhome. But I always seem to find just one more Mod to do as time goes by.

I will contine to keep doing Mods as they come up or we think of something else we want. We don't put a limit on our "Comfort Levels", or our "Enjoyment" either.

After 45+ years as RV'ers, this is our last RV, Period. Unless something happens to this one. As this one is in such Great Conditon and Low Miliage, and has been totally gone though. It will eaily last us the rest of our Traveling Days, and then some.

It will probably go to one of our kids when the times comes that we just get to old to travel anymore.

Thats why we enjoy the Best of Both Wolds. We have a "Great Motorhome", and a very "Beautiful Home", right acroos the street from the 4th Fairway on the Golf Coarse.

In a very small town that can't ever get any latger, as we live on top of a Butte.

We will not become Full-Timmers. But we do "Travel" as we please, when ever we please and as often as we please. We are very lucky to be able to have, and to afford both worlds.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1L243 wrote:

Maybe you don't want to know. I don't mean the actual cost of the RV but everything else. Every mod, nut bolt, extra tv, lights,etc.

My wife was telling my but I did not believe her, I do now... Wow it add up fast.

So far I have come up with $5500 in Dudads and Farkles.....

I keep a table of everything and cost including those that cost nothing. It doesn't have ever bolt/nut, but is fairly accurate and keep it in case I need it for Insurance reasons in case the Ins Co would total our trailer, then the cost of the mods I have put into it have to be accounted for. I have also kept track of the date of each mod. So far on our trailer we purchased in 10/7 I'm at $3542, but that included $200 for the coffee table and $900 for the NORCOLD MRFT-40 portable refer/freezer.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/12 08:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has she added the items that have been added to your sticks & bricks?

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Have you ever added up what you got into your RV?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS