|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Two Sleeping Areas - Separated

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
goreds2

OH H ..... EYE OH !

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure if this thread will help but here it is.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseac........hread/tid/25246431/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

See Picture In My Profile
1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Van- Purchased 10/15/10
Chick Magnet !

* Sportsman GEN154 2000 Watt 80cc Portable Generator *
XM Satellite Radio since 12/25/2004
Sold my Class C 1976 Dodge TEC Motor Home 9/25/10

Davydd

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/12 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Airstream Sprinter Westfalia is one of the few Class Bs that actually provided two workable sleeping areas but still in a B were not totally private. There were very few sold and are fast aging but still coveted.

At best, Bs are designed for a maximum of two adults. Roadtrek has the convert front seats to beds but that seems more for children.

The best Class B bet is design your own solution through Sportsmobile possibly with a dropdown overhead bunk solution in the back.

Davydd
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter B Camper Van
Visited states in an RV

brookside

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone for your input. I forgot I posted this until I was out in town today and couldn't wait to get back. We got an offer on our house, not a good one though I don't think so all focus went to that. I like the wide body vans. Before this, I was considering something like the little fiberglass eggs: Scamp, Casita, Eggcamer, Lil' Snozzy, Parkliner but then it looked like I would need still, a fairly beefy tow vehicle to really get the job done. I'll take a look at your suggestions, thank you.

Cathy, Alfred, and Andrew.
Appreciating each day

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/12 05:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another idea might be a small class C. The downside of a class C is that it is longer, so you will have to get two parking places, but Phoenix Cruiser has some floor plans that might fit what you need, providing full beds. They also have a slide-out as an option which helps with room as well. Of course, the upside is more space.

If the vehicle is going to be a daily driver, I'd probably go with a 3/4 ton pickup truck and a travel trailer. However, this is just an opinion of a random Internet denizen.

Book

St. Petersburg Fl.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 05:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before they went out of business.....XPLORER (I owned 4 of them) all with rear bed and front sofa that was sepertated by bathroom and closet..... Xplorer 230 XLW wide body, the best ever (wish Roadtrek would do custom interiors) .....last year sold 2004.......seen quite a few 1999-2003's for sale....Dodge chassie, great slide out storage underneath.....

The Book

Gene in NE

Omaha

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/12 10:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

brookside wrote:

Thanks everyone for your input...Before this, I was considering something like the little fiberglass eggs: Scamp, Casita, Eggcamer, Lil' Snozzy, Parkliner but then it looked like I would need still, a fairly beefy tow vehicle to really get the job done...
I'm not sure why you would eliminate the small egg campers. I would think any of the Class B's should be able to pull a 2,000 lb trailer without too much trouble. The advantage of this scenario is the trailer could be left at home on some of the trips if it is not needed.

2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Two Sleeping Areas - Separated
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS