|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Refusal of Service for people with show dogs

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
lotuschinesecresteds

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I'm posting in the wrong thread, please tell me where to post my pre-membership questions.

garym114

Bluff Dale, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 06:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are other companies that provide roadside assistance.
Have you checked with them?

2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 06:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

lotuschinesecresteds:....It's only that if you're a professional handler and doing it for a living. And the majority of those people stay in hotels because they get their expenses covered by the dog owner......

No you got that part all wrong!!!
The handlers do NOT stay in motels they buy BIG, BIG rigs to travel in, that the clients fees pay for.

Yup that's GS's policy though.
The horse people can not escape it....kinda hard to hide a 1,200 lb horse in a horse trailer when you call for road side service.

Regarding the show dogs and dog show issues. The ONLY case of refusals from Good Sam road service we have seen is IF your MH is ON THE SHOWGROUNDS and IF you tell the 'dispatcher' you are at a dog show.

I believe and do NOT quote me it was originally to address the 'commercial' hauling of livestock. Licensed Puppy mills and auction houses that haul dogs are considered livestock so they are included in 'commercial' hauling. How the heck it crossed over to someone going to a dog show is beyond me. Some RV'ers take their kids camping we take our dogs camping.

When traveling down the road trust me the show people do NOT call GS for road service and 'start the conversation' with.......
"I have show dogs and I have a flat tire!"

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 07:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just purely from my observations at CG's what I see is the plain ole average RV'er has at least 2 dogs with them. So just as they would make arrangements to take their dogs out of the MH if it had to be towed so would the dog show person. We are not from Mars you know, we travel with dogs just like the rest of you!

On Edit for GS: I RV just like millions of others, I stay at Good Sam CG's like millions of other RV'ers, I pay my dues like everyone, and spend half my income at Camping World on RV supplies.......
where my ultimate DESTINATION is on my trip, is of no concern to anyone.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 06:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would EXPECT that nobody would be towing a trailer full of dogs on a wrecker as there could be a lot of liability issues for them. May have nothing to do with the dogs occupation/hobby. They probably wouldn't tow a trailer full of people either, even where it's technically legal to do so.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

lotuschinesecresteds

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 06:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you rockhillmanor. That was a constructive answer that helped me!

past-MIdirector

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 07:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The clause says show animals and I think a call to Good Sam for clarification would be your best bet. I know a lot of people who have the trailers build with living quarters and I believe these are the type they are taking about and not someone with some dogs and cats inside there rig. By the way the dog show in Monroe, MI at the fair grounds has hundreds of RV parked on the grounds by owners and handlers. Very few stay at local hotels.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 07:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lotuschinesecresteds wrote:

Yes, I'm referring to that clause. Just trying to prepare ahead of time and yes, if I see something that doesn't make sense to me, I'll question it further. That's one of the reasons I joined the forum. So far, regardless of the fact that I haven't done anything even close to ranting, I've had two people meet me with unfriendliness and judgment. If this is the usual tenor of this forum, please let me know, as I will find my answers elsewhere.
I find it odd that people can get so upset with a policy of a company they don't even do business with. I mean Blue Cross/Blue Shiled will not insure vehicles, homes or provide liability insurance at all, so if you need that insurance, you contact another insurance company, not get all huffy because they only will insure people's health. If Good Sam ERS doesn't cover roadside assistance for vehicles transporting show animals (and I really believe it is directed at commercial operations and vehicles that are primarily animal haulers like horse trailers with living quarters), find a company that will and give them your business. Can't wait to see the reaction when things like limits to number of pets, rules on leaving them unattended, leash rules and the like are brought up to the OP.

Jim Cindy

Northcentral, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lotuschinesecresteds,

IMO, if you had initially provided the information later posted in response to other replies, the replies would have been much more useful and informative.
It's like asking how to start the furnace without telling the make, model etc.
They don't extend service to a horse trailer nor would they service a trailer configured as a dog kennel. Simply having dogs on board your coach does not effect service.

PBH Portable Beach House

2008 GMC 2500HD Duramax Allison
2009 Cameo 34CK3
MorRyde IS, Disc Brakes, G614's
PullRite Super Glide Hitch
Propane fueled Yamaha EF 2400is

lotuschinesecresteds

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For goodness sakes people, you can't handle someone asking questions ahead of time? I'm not upset about the policy itself necessarily, I'm trying to decide whether to pick up the service and just trying to clarify things!!! I was upset about peoples' sttitudes. I've been anything but huffy! I'm very respectful with my pets, Stop being so defensive and be a little more friendly and helpful. If this is the attitude I'm going to encounter, then I want no part of it. Whether they would cover me or not is irrelevant now, they've lost a potential customer who took the time and interest to seek out policy information.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Refusal of Service for people with show dogs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS