RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Club: Another hairbrain idea....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Another hairbrain idea....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 01:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about an awards point system? Get so many points for the value of whatever you order through CW as a GS member. For example, If I spend $100, give me 100 points. If I use my GS card for a stay at a GS Park, then I receive a certain amount of points. Let the points accrue and be used later. For discounts at CW (or expedited shipping) or perhaps they can get a coupon to print off to use at another GS park (park could redeem it through GS).

KOA does this for staying at their parks and Jellystone has something similar.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Shelbs

St. Augustine, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/12 06:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of businesses are using similar promo points systems and I think they are usually a win- win! For example, when we buy groceries we get points towards a gasoline discount. We are gonna buy the food anyway and God knows we can use the savings on gas. I like the idea. It's one of a million new things getting dumped on Marcus' plate everyday. But I think it has real merit. You need to find someone within who will champion the idea. But I don't think it's hair brain at all!

Steven
Faith
Abby and Sierra
2014 F250 6.7L Powerstroke
2014 Montana High Country 343RL
http://www.sunbeltmobilerv.com

Maddawgs

central MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 03:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it is a great idea ( Marcus you listening?). I spend a ton at cw online.
Todd

Todd, Shirley, and the "Maddawgs" min-pins Precious and Buster Brown
2011 Itasca Cambria 30C
2011 Demco KarKaddy 460SS
TST 507 RV TPMS
"if there is anything left when we are gone, then we miscalculated"

past-MIdirector

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 07:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not to hair brain at all. Major grocery stores up north and down south are doing it with gas with a major oil company or their own stations. Staples has been doing this for years. I think it would work best with Camping World and the Good Sam store purchases.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 07:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Idea, but the problem (probably insurmountable) is Good Sam and the parks are a very loose association, unlike the franchise relationships KOA and Jellystone have with their parks. The franchise parks have a vested interest (franchise fees on each site rental) in tracking KOA guests, Good Sam does not. Since KOA and Jellystone corporate get money for each and every stay, offering an incentive for using the card is kind of paid for. Good Sam gets nothing when a Good Sam member stays at a park, so it would be a direct cost to them, the only way they could make it up would be to charge a fee to the park based on how many Good Sam members registered, leading to higher fees at the park. Also, it would require some kind of Good Sam/Park interfacing on a daily basis to enter and track the usage. Many RV park owners have chosen the Good Sam / Independent park route precisely because they don't want a corporate entity involved in their businesses.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Good Idea, but the problem (probably insurmountable) is Good Sam and the parks are a very loose association, unlike the franchise relationships KOA and Jellystone have with their parks. The franchise parks have a vested interest (franchise fees on each site rental) in tracking KOA guests, Good Sam does not. Since KOA and Jellystone corporate get money for each and every stay, offering an incentive for using the card is kind of paid for. Good Sam gets nothing when a Good Sam member stays at a park, so it would be a direct cost to them, the only way they could make it up would be to charge a fee to the park based on how many Good Sam members registered, leading to higher fees at the park. Also, it would require some kind of Good Sam/Park interfacing on a daily basis to enter and track the usage. Many RV park owners have chosen the Good Sam / Independent park route precisely because they don't want a corporate entity involved in their businesses.

Agree with that.
Regarding the KOA's Last year taking the same route as the previous year I saw quite a few of my favorite smaller KOA's that had "dropped" the franchise. They said the costs to upgrade their computer systems and/or add one to comply with KOA's new mandatory system, mandatory advertising, and complying with the new visual KOA look, etc. was just to costly for them.

AND regarding all the GS CG's I pulled into this year "claimed" the GS discount was already in the price, saying they didn't need to see my card. Ya right like I'm going to believe that one.

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

sirdrakejr

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/12 04:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe we can go back to S&H Green stamps! Fill a book, get a free night's camping.
Frank

2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 05:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it's a good idea

And yes I'm always listening

I like the s and h better

I used them for dishes in my first college apartment

Must have been the glue on the back....

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/12 05:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think its a great idea hopefully it will be considered.PS marcus I love my new hat. Thanks, wills250psd

shenandoahvalley

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/12 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got to do a GS survey today and that question was on the survey. I think it is a good idea, even if it is restricted to GS and CW products and services. I accumulate points on my credit card, at the grocery store, and through KOA and I always use them. Glad to see Marcus is listening...thanks.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Another hairbrain idea....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS