RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Club: Question about life membership.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Question about life membership.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
beemerphile1

I'm 58, I'm not a

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 10:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Commerce wrote:

I just called and the nice lady said the Life membership was $399 ? Someone on here said $299...

Did you mention RV.net like an earlier post said to do?

...a government big enough to give us everything we want is a government big enough to take from us everything we have...
Gerald R. Ford

2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900/1998 Ford E150 4.6L = 8MPG
2009 Aliner Sport/2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L = 22MPG

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The price is 199 if you purchase or renew roadside

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

Commerce

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/12 08:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will call them again and buy the Life membership tomorrow if it ends up being the $299, the people on the phones may have been confused I am guessing when they said $399.

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to be very clear that 100 percent of our calls go into Denver or bowling green

No exceptions

We will individually follow up on each of these in the morning

gotsmart

Aberdeen, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/12 11:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did not have any issue where the call went, geographically. It was just that the rep was a little bit over the top in emphatically stating that he was in Colorado. I used to do call center support (although it was B2B, not end-user). I've had to service customers from many nationalities over the phone. The rep that I spoke with has an excellent command of English and speaks it well. It tickled me that he was almost overcompensating to let me know that he was state-side and not overseas. I probably did not need to include it in my prior post, but as a former call center industry insider it gave me a good laugh.

2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

gotsmart

Aberdeen, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/12 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mlemonis wrote:

The price is 199 if you purchase or renew roadside

FYI
(from my cell phone's call history) I called (800) 234-3450 at 8:45 AM Pacific Time on March 30th and inquired about the lifetime membership.

The customer service person (whose accent indicated a central asia nationality) made a point of saying "This is HisNameHere in Colorado". I was laughing so hard on the inside.

He told me that because I also have ERS that I qualify for the discounted price of $299.00. I thanked him and told him that I'd consider it. There was no mention of a $199.00 offer. If I had been aware of the $199.00 offer I would have pressed him for it.

Edit:

I renewed my GoodSam ERS on March 21st (order number: 5212696). I'm guessing that because I did not renew it during the phone call that I did not get the $199.00 offer. If this is correct, please clarify it. Thanks.

* This post was edited 04/01/12 06:03pm by gotsmart *

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/12 06:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why not offer it for the $299 and throw in a year of Platinum ERS for "free".

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

gotsmart

Aberdeen, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/12 01:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mike Siemens wrote:

Note to Good Sam members:

Several members had asked about the specifics of the Good Sam Club Lifetime Membership offer. It started Friday the 30th and is available for a limited time. Here’s the deal:

Good Sam Club members can upgrade their existing Good Sam Club membership to Lifetime status thru the Good Sam Member Services (800.234.3450) for $199 (60% savings off the Reg. price of $499). To qualify for the special price Good Sam Club members must join the Good Sam Club Emergency Roadside Assistance Program or renew their existing Good Sam Club Emergency Roadside Assistance membership on the same transaction.

If you experience any problems accessing this offer through our call center...please feel free to contact me at the e-mail below.

Msiemens@campingworld.com

Good day to all!

Thank you for the clarification. I do have a follow-up question related to my situation - the fact that I just renewed my ERS subscription.

Given that I renewed my ERS on March 21st (see post above), would I be able to purchase an additional year of ERS at the time of signing up for the lifetime membership and receive the $199 offer, or is the $199 offer not available to me because I previously renewed my ERS subscription?

Mike Siemens

Bowling Green, Ky

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/12 04:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will be able to take advantage of the offer. No problem!
let me know if you run into any issues.

Mike Siemens

Mike Siemens
President
Good Sam Club
mikesiemens@campingworld.com

Mike Siemens

Bowling Green, Ky

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/12 12:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Note to Good Sam members:

Several members had asked about the specifics of the Good Sam Club Lifetime Membership offer. It started Friday the 30th and is available for a limited time. Here’s the deal:

Good Sam Club members can upgrade their existing Good Sam Club membership to Lifetime status thru the Good Sam Member Services (800.234.3450) for $199 (60% savings off the Reg. price of $499). To qualify for the special price Good Sam Club members must join the Good Sam Club Emergency Roadside Assistance Program or renew their existing Good Sam Club Emergency Roadside Assistance membership on the same transaction.

If you experience any problems accessing this offer through our call center...please feel free to contact me at the e-mail below.

Msiemens@campingworld.com

Good day to all!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Question about life membership.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: