RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Surprises discovered during YOUR PDI ????

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Surprises discovered during YOUR PDI ????

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Va_Budman

Virginia, USA !!!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 11:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK... so DW and I are now less than 48 hours away from two major FIRSTs for us... FIRST NEW rig and FIRST official PDI. While putting together a list condensed from so very many resources out here on RV.net, I stumbled upon a few things folks have uncovered.... things I've added to my list to really take a second look for during our PDI. And this kinda raised a question... what kind of quirky things have you all stumbled upon during such inspections. Small or large doesn't really matter. And a story relating how such finding produced significant embarrassment on the part of the sales tech would be MOST welcome.

Cheers~!

The Virginia Budman
2002 Ford F350 7.3L PSD CC SB 4x4 SRW Lariat
2012 Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
Pullrite Superglide 16K
Tekonsha Prodigy
Mistress - '05 Harley Davidson Heritage Custom LE

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/12 12:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not uncommon for an appliance to be DOA. For us it was the refer. Did not even know it until the guy told me that they had to replace it the day before we arrived. Then I found out how much damage they did and tried to cover up.

Don,Lorri,Max (The Rescue Flat Coat Retriever?)
Resident Dummy.

garysol

Avon Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 12:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My PDI story was a positive. While doing our walk through the tech starts to go over how the self leveling system works. Thing is..... we didn't order or pay for it. We just kept our mouth shut and smiled. It was a very nice and appreciated surprise...

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 CTD SRW, Pullrite Superglide 18k.
2012 Komfort 3530fbh 5th wheel with Ground Control

cefloyd 1961

kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/12 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We found a lot of stuff wrong when we got home that we did not find while they was showing us the camper screws 8-9 that were not screwed in under the bathroom sink my wife cut her finger on 1 of them very low water pressure in the shower and great water everywhere else and we did not pull out the couch and it had not been finished on the back of it but has now been fixed.The camper is at camping world waiting on approval on the warranty work been there 3 weeks they take their time when it is their money but they can't wait to get your when you buy it.So don't be afraid to move the funiture around looking at it all and under sinks and doors and stuff.

2006 f350 superduty 6.0.. 2012 sandpiper 345RET loaded

M GO BLUE

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/12 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you find something that needs to be repaired, fixed, etc. DO NOT SIGN THE FINAL DOCUMENTS AND DO NOT TAKE DELIVERY until everything is to your satisfaction...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel
Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

FrankoToo

Escondido, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 01:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our PDI was also positive. Only minor issues found, all fixed on the spot. Nothing ever said about issues found during dealer prep. Two weeks later, got a call saying our parts were in. What parts I ask, I didn't order any parts. The guy said during prep, they found the living room TV was scratched and there a defect in the dinette table so they ordered us new ones. I went back out to the camper to see what he was talking about and sure enough, scratch and defect. Needed a magnifying glass to see them though. Glad they caught cuz I wouldn't have.

FrankoToo
2012 Heartland Cyclone 3612 HD
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat

garysol

Avon Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FrankoToo wrote:

got a call saying our parts were in. What parts I ask, I didn't order any parts. The guy said during prep, they found the living room TV was scratched and there a defect in the dinette table so they ordered us new ones. I went back out to the camper to see what he was talking about and sure enough, scratch and defect. Needed a magnifying glass to see them though. Glad they caught cuz I wouldn't have.

NICE!! and thats the way it should be. Unfortunately it rarely is.

dqdick

Council Grove, KS

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/12 01:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We caught two things they missed. First the dining room booth had a button on it that when the slide was fully retracted damaged a cabinet door, but the second one was a great unexpected catch - one of the landing gear legs had a big crack in it. Both were fixed right away.

Dick and Joyce
2010 Montana 3665RE
Dodge 2500HD Maxi Cab Laramie Edition
Diego, Norm, & Bitsy

MO_Trout_Bum

Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 01:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Haved them test all water connections - including black tank flush if you have it - in front of you. And, look for any leaks under the RV, in the basement, and in the bathroom areas. We found an issue with our 2012 Cougar with the black water line (after the fact). No additional issues, however.

2004 Silverado 2500HD Ext, Duramax LLY, 4WD, 3.73
2012 Keystone Cougar 327RES

belairbrian

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 02:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we picked up our fiver it was parked out back power on A/C running water tank and propane serviced awning out. PDI included learning each systems operation, and hitching and unhitching process. Only problem we found was the dinette table was warped like a sway back mule. Probably a 2 inch drop at the center. They didn't have one so they went in to parts and had them order one for shipment to our house. We had it in around 2 weeks. Still have the old one, they didn't want it back. it is still in my workshop and has been used well.

TV 2003 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Dually w Duramax/Allison
2005 Keystone Cougar 314 EFS
Reese 16K Slider Hitch, Prodigy BC, Delorme GPS
USAF Retired

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Surprises discovered during YOUR PDI ????
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS