|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Max truck gvwr

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Oakman

MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 06:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why don't you just hitch up the fifth wheel and take it someplace then decide for yourself whether on not the combination works well together.

2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab, 4X4, Shortbed, 6.4 Diesel
Reese 16K Kwik Slide
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
Honda 2000i generator
TomTom 540S XL GPS

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/12 06:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The GVWR for your specific truck is on the door. There are brochure weights and weights and ratings you may obtain from other sources however the GVW on the sticker is specific for your truck and is based on the options and configuration of your truck. Take it for what it's worth but it is Vin # specific to you truck.

07'Duramax dually,12'Open Range 399BHS
Hawkshead TPMS,Hensley BD3,K-Bee exhaust brake
Blue Ox Bedsaver,air bags,Garmin RV760 w/BC20 camera
Arvika bike rack,Bak-Flip G2
5500 Onan LP,Progressive surge,keyless RV Lock
Porta Bote w/8.0 Nissan
Vu Cube,Splendide WD

Chris

Shelter Bay, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 07:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ask the dealer to order you a new placard indicating the 10,800 GVWR. I know what the final answer will be! "Sorry we found that your current placard is correct!" Chris

My Rig
2001.5 2500 STD CAB AUTO SLT 4x4, CTD 4:10's, Bomb'd to Tow
2005 Cardinal 29WBLX.

DW-gray

Lompoc, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2Unruly wrote:

If you are over GVWR sticker and something bad happens, really bad, and during the accident investigation they discover that, you will have to take out a second mortgage to pay all of the fines and court costs........

I asked my State Farm agent and he asked the regional adjuster about this "myth" (as I call it) and the adjuster responded with a laugh. Then he said "there is know way we will scoop up the mess and weigh it."

I've read a lots comments about this scare tactic and the claims but no one has yet provided any proof.

Dave & Amy
08 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4, Dually, 6.7L Diesel, 09 Heartland Cyclone 4012 with smart car in the garage.

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW-gray wrote:

2Unruly wrote:

If you are over GVWR sticker and something bad happens, really bad, and during the accident investigation they discover that, you will have to take out a second mortgage to pay all of the fines and court costs........

I asked my State Farm agent and he asked the regional adjuster about this "myth" (as I call it) and the adjuster responded with a laugh. Then he said "there is know way we will scoop up the mess and weigh it."

I've read a lots comments about this scare tactic and the claims but no one has yet provided any proof.

Thats because he saw your dually

06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
GVWR 12,200 RAWR 9350
06 Grand Junction 34' High profile 15500 GVWR 3200 pin Mor/ryde 5500 Onan genny Dual A/C Wet bolts
27' Hallett 502, 500HP

2Unruly

Edinboro Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW-gray

Lompoc, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

45Ricochet wrote:

DW-gray wrote:

2Unruly wrote:

Thats because he saw your dually

LOL

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 09:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well since most all civil cases are closed for a reason I'll just throw this link out there. Don't shoot the messenger. 99% of the time your insurance will cover it and THEN drop you. Hope your not the 1% who cheeped out on coverage.

Sad Story or just the internet...

bpounds

Whittier CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 08:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, it is a myth. Folks around here like to quote tests showing that 50% of us are overloaded. If that's true, half the accidents we have would not be covered by our insurance. Just doesn't make sense.

Besides, accident insurance is intended to cover us when we make mistakes. That is why they call it accident insurance. Being over weight is an example of a mistake that any of us might make. It might not be too wise to post online that you know about the overload situation. That might put you in the negligent category.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

mpierce

Scranton, ND

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2Unruly wrote:

I have heard this myth many times. I ask them to show me where it actually happened, and to date, not one has. Can you?
post a link to a case, please. Otherwise, please stop this myth.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Max truck gvwr
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS