RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: System wanted to remember campgrounds

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> System wanted to remember campgrounds

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
John&Joey

Some Location

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/12 05:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is what I do:

Clicky

It allows me to zoom into a location something that all the other systems don't have. Clicking on the icon gives me my notes. Down side is you need a fairly good internet connection.

BobR

Aurora, Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 07:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have used "Campers Daily Log" for over 20 years. Hand writing tends to provide a more detailed description. We don't have to worry about back ups, crashed hard drives, updated software or power requirements. Works well for us and is fun to look back at what we did a decade or more ago.

No, I don't live in the stone age! Everything else is digitized and paperless. I just see benefits to a hand written log book.

restorodder

Pinckney Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/12 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our system is real simple. As we leave a camp ground,park,we put the receit,and map in our guide book,by its listing.We have learned that the "Good Sam" rating does not always mean,"Best Park",in the area.There are a few parks we stay at,that are not that great,but are the best choice for the area.

2008 Newmar Canyon Star - 2007 Dodge Dakota Toad - Ready Brute tow bar & brake system - one cat - Sassy 14

daverich

Swan Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Sumner, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/12 07:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use this all the time. It works really well.

The Ultimate Campground Log

drcarr57

Verona, IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 08:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use logabout It records the campground and all costs associated. You can also do it by trips etc. Check it out. Just the other day I needed to know which campground I stayed at in Roswell back in 2009, went to logabout and looked in my 2009 trip and there it was!

RetiredRLM

Smitty77

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great to see so many different ways of tracking this info. We currently use a Simple excel (dates, costs, comments, website link when available, link to RV Park Review. In comments we add: like/dislike and preferred sites if we noticed any that stood out, and general comments if any. We are user's of Microsoft Street & Trips, and keep each large trips itinerary saved. This too is good for reviewing what you did several years ago. We did also use My Trip Journal for our first big trip out. The family and friends all 'claimed' to like to see where we were, a quick log read of our comments that included info about where we had stayed, and look at the pictures. We have not kept that up, but it was good for that trip, and we may signup for it again when we take out Alaska trip next year.

I did like the Google Maps option, like the way it seemed to flow. Will look into doing this too, but will retain the Excel, as it is easy to export costs to other documents.

I also make it a point to update RV Park Review, as this is only as good as those that post what they see along their travels.

Best to all, have fun, be safe,
Smitty

TexasH

Katy, TX

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I plan every trip using Microsoft's Streets & Trips to lay out our route and stops. The pinpoint balloons allow for brief notes. I usually include phone, address, website link, and a word or two about the site. I save this overall map. I then save each leg of the trip as a separate map for navigation as we travel. I also keep a blog that has pics and narative of our trip. Our blog now has 5 years worth of our travels. It's easy and free at www.blogger.com

2002 Southwind 37U Ford F53 - V10
2007 Jeep Liberty Toad

tallyo

Fort Myers,Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We keep a 3 ring binder categorized by state inserting the campground brochure given at the time we registered. We also note likes and dislikes and other preferred or not preferred sites.

Tallyo
2012 Phaeton 40 QBH
Freightliner, 6 spd Allison
2010 Chevy Equinox 2LT w/ Brake Buddy Vantage
Drinks-6, Eats-4, Sleeps-2
Semper Fi

univmd

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/12 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We post our campground trips and pictures on Facebook. Timeline & photo album features keep everything in order.

2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

RFCN2

MT

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you rate them on RVparkreviews you don't have to do anything else. You can just click and it will list your ratings for different parks.

RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> System wanted to remember campgrounds
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts