RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Has anyone put a TV in a 2012 293SAB master bedroom?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Has anyone put a TV in a 2012 293SAB master bedroom?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Biggziff

Upstate, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 08:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our new 2012 (or 2013 depending on when it's built) 293SAB should be here soon enough. I was able to easily install a 19" LED TV in the 2010 model we had, but the new one has a sliding door into the bathroom now which covers the wall I used to mount the last TV. Has anyone mounted a TV in the 2012 293SAB in the master? Wondering if you have photos and what mount you used as well as what size TV fits.

thanks!

Me and my 3 girls
2013 Cougar 293SAB
2011 F350 CC SWB 6.7

hybrid233

Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/12 11:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have not installed a TV in the Master. I know when we got ours it was a newly configered floor plan, but they left the connections in the same location. On the next cool morning I check the frame location and get back to ya. That was a thought that I had...outside wall mount. We love our 293....we even went to a show a few weeks ago...still love ours better than anything else we saw.Good luck with you trailer

2011 Cougar 293SAB
2010 Chevy 3500HD D/A DRW
B&W Turnover Ball / 5th Wheel Companion
Give the Gift of Life
Thank You

Biggziff

Upstate, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 11:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hybrid233 wrote:

I have not installed a TV in the Master. I know when we got ours it was a newly configered floor plan, but they left the connections in the same location. On the next cool morning I check the frame location and get back to ya. That was a thought that I had...outside wall mount. We love our 293....we even went to a show a few weeks ago...still love ours better than anything else we saw.Good luck with you trailer

Thanks, Hybrid. If it's as good as the 2010 model we'll be pleased with it.

spud57

Stratford PE

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 01:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless you can find a solid post in the wall you are SOL.

Take a look at computer monitor posts. You can get them that the base screws into the surface you are putting it on or you can get them where they will clamp to the edge of the counter or desk.

2008 F250 XLT 4x4 SC LB V10
2010 Outback 321FRL 5th wheel

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/12 04:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You dont necessarily need to mount directly to a stud inside the wall to hold up these new light weight LCD Flatscreen TV's

If you are worried about the wall not holding up your TV then mount a 3/4-inch or thicker nice wood board up first and use the winged toggle bolts in the four corners of the 24-inch square board and mount the board flat up against the wall. I would use a small washer on the bolt side of the board.

Then you can mount your TV mounting adapters to the board. The 24-inch board will spread out all the weight of everything and will be a good solid platform to mount to. You could also paint the wood piece to any decor color you want to use...

This may not fit your mounting requirments but just something else to think about getting the job done.

My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - PM me
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
POPUP PHOTOs-Pg52

Biggziff

Upstate, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spud57 wrote:

Unless you can find a solid post in the wall you are SOL.

which is why I asked if anyone had done it in a specific year/model.

greende

Syracuse,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/12 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2012 293SAB. There is a metal plate in the wall near the CO detector. It is marked " TV wall mounting bracket". I installed an articulating TV bracket that has two wall mounts so I can use it outside if I need to. It is a Ready America model number MRV3500. Works well so far but I just installed it two weeks ago. Any articulated bracket would work, I guess. Where in Upstate NY are you? PM me if you need more info.

David

2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

Biggziff

Upstate, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

greende wrote:

I have a 2012 293SAB. There is a metal plate in the wall near the CO detector. It is marked " TV wall mounting bracket". I installed an articulating TV bracket that has two wall mounts so I can use it outside if I need to. It is a Ready America model number MRV3500. Works well so far but I just installed it two weeks ago. Any articulated bracket would work, I guess. Where in Upstate NY are you? PM me if you need more info.

David

David, thanks.

My dealer thought there was something in the wall, but couldn't confirm this. So they used a metal plate instead of wood? Interesting choice. If you get the opportunity, a photo of your mount attached to the wall would be great and much appreciated.

Also, what size TV did you put there? I had a 19" Vizio LED in the last 293 and would like to go to a 22-23" this time if possible. I always remove the bedroom TV when traveling so that there isn't any stress on the mount.

This is the mount I've used in the past:

http://www.levelmount.com/p-34-level-mount-full-motion-single-arm-pans-tilts-extends-65-fits-upto-30-tvs-and-50-lbs.aspx

I have a 32" mounted on it in our home now for 3 years or so. Works well and is inexpensive.

greende

Syracuse,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/12 01:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Biggziff wrote:

greende wrote:

David

David, thanks.

My dealer thought there was something in the wall, but couldn't confirm this. So they used a metal plate instead of wood? Interesting choice. If you get the opportunity, a photo of your mount attached to the wall would be great and much appreciated.

Also, what size TV did you put there? I had a 19" Vizio LED in the last 293 and would like to go to a 22-23" this time if possible. I always remove the bedroom TV when traveling so that there isn't any stress on the mount.

This is the mount I've used in the past:

http://www.levelmount.com/p-34-level-mount-full-motion-single-arm-pans-tilts-extends-65-fits-upto-30-tvs-and-50-lbs.aspx

I have a 32" mounted on it in our home now for 3 years or so. Works well and is inexpensive.

It appears to be metal. A fair amount of resistance to drilling a pilot hole then none after that. I mounted a 22" Samsung LCD. I think the mount you are proposing would work. I'll have to see if I can post pics. Remember, I'm an "old guy" and it may take awhile to figure out how to do it.

greende

Syracuse,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/12 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hopefully, this pic will come through.
http://s1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg602/greende10/Mobile%20Uploads/

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Has anyone put a TV in a 2012 293SAB master bedroom?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS