|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Rio Grande Valley suggestions

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
sremsing

Maumelle, Arkansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/12 08:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to hear some suggestions for good places to stay in the Rio Grande Valley area, prefer close to the Gulf. I don't want one of those expensive RV Resorts. It will just be for DW and myself (and a dog). Just for a little sight seeing and shopping. Never been down to that particular area before, and thought we would check it out. Would be heading down that way first of July. Thanks !

2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD quad cab, Vortec 6000
Prodigy
2011 Rockwood 2604
wife and one fur buddy.

wilfwolf

Atlanta,GA

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 02:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rio Grande Corn Maize in Mercedes and Donna's Corn Maze .

There's also two haunted houses going on too....Scream Factor X (downtown Mcallen)and The Rotting Flesh Factory Haunted House (Harlingen)

The McAllen Art Walk is held every 1st friday of the month. It usually lasts from September until May

When there are shows and plays I LOVE attending the UTPA Theatre Plays.

An organization that seems interesting for those that are struggling and do not qualify for public assistance is ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES. You pay 25 dollars and get 50 dollars worth of food. Every month there is a different menu. This is through different churches all over the United states and many are located in the RGV

You can see the menu and search for a HOST SITE for the your nearest location on their website.

I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Sez Hoo!

Athens, Ga

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/12 07:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are in the Rio Grand Valley now and will be here for another week. If July is when you are gonna be here be ready for alot of heat. My DW and I are workampers here at Sleepy Valley Resort in Mission TX. There is a local travel agent here that arranges local sightseeing tours. I believe its called D & S Travel. I would start there for things to do while in the area. And for a shameless plug for Sleepy Valley. Its a nice park and has very reasonable summer time rates if you are looking for a place to stay. They can accomidate any size RV or they have Park Models for rent.

Steven & Jane
Jo (ridgeback on the road)
Lilly Pi(Kitten at large)
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
Athens, Ga

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Rio Grande Valley suggestions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts