RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Want copy of detailed service contract prior to enrollment

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Want copy of detailed service contract prior to enrollment

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
rwagner43

Fountain Valley, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 11:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr. Lemonis, Before signing up for the Extended Service Plan I'd like to read a copy of the actual detailed service contract, not just the descriptive summary. I have asked for it three times, and each time I was told it would be e-mailed to me, but after several weeks I still have not received it. At the recent Good Sam Rally I told the Good Sam Extended Service Plan representative about my problem, received an apology, and was told he'd make sure a copy was sent to me. I'm still waiting. Can you help? Thanks, Rick

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 12:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trying to tell you something

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

w4phj

Vero Beach, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/12 12:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would be interesting to see what is NOT covered........

2005 Bounder 37U Cat C7 Engine
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4X4
ARRL Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

nina_70

On wheels, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be careful about the GSAM extended service contract. Last time we looked at it, it was inclusive only and did NOT cover consequential damage (so, for example if a non-covered part like a belt went ahead and damaged a covered part like an engine...you wouldn't be covered).

I would never sign an extended warranty that didn't cover consequential damage.

12 paws, 40-feet and the open road
http://wheelingit.us

rfryer

Phoenix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/12 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All the above! Good luck.

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 06:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First of all I will make sure you get this myself

For the others who have questioned the policy, the inference is that something is being pulled on people with this policy

I take a great deal of objection to that but would be willing on a case by case basis to deal with anyone who feels that way. We work very hard to ONLY deliver products that add value. It would never be acceptable to fall even 1 percent short of that

I put my reputation on it and look forward to emails that demonstrate something different so that I can resolve, improve an hold my team accountable

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

emzee

california

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 10:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rwagner wrote:

Mr. Lemonis, Before signing up for the Extended Service Plan I'd like to read a copy of the actual detailed service contract, not just the descriptive summary. I have asked for it three times, and each time I was told it would be e-mailed to me, but after several weeks I still have not received it. At the recent Good Sam Rally I told the Good Sam Extended Service Plan representative about my problem, received an apology, and was told he'd make sure a copy was sent to me. I'm still waiting. Can you help? Thanks, Rick

This is a pdf file that details the contract, click on Sample Contract on the left.

Sample contract

nina_70

On wheels, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 11:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just re-read the contract and as stated above it does not cover consequential damage. Most extended warranties do not, but there are a very few that do and it's important to understand what not having that coverage means.
Also it is an inclusive contract, rather than an exclusive contract. So, only the items listed are covered...everything else is *not* covered.
There are exclusive contracts availible on the market that state it the other way around (only items *not* covered are listed...everything else IS covered)

Not trying to disuade anyone from the quality of the contract, but understanding these 2 details is key to understanding any extended warranty contract and I'm simply stating what I see on the contract.

If Good Sam's has changed their policy on consequential damage that would be an interesing addition to many RVers.

emzee

california

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to see what is not covered. We have a contract right now and seeing what is covered is great but chances are...so having what is NOT covered might be a good incentive for buying or not buying this sort of warranty.

nina_70

On wheels, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 04:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

emzee wrote:

I would like to see what is not covered. We have a contract right now and seeing what is covered is great but chances are...so having what is NOT covered might be a good incentive for buying or not buying this sort of warranty.

You are looking at an "inclusive" contract and by definition only those items covered are listed in the contract. You can assume that anything and everything NOT listed is NOT covered. It's the way the contract is written.

There are warranties out there which are "exclusive" and specifically list only those items NOT covered. For those kinds of contracts anything NOT listed IS covered. I find the exclusive contracts give more coverage and are easier to understand.

Different contract...different terms.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Want copy of detailed service contract prior to enrollment
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS