RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Recommend your camping chair!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Recommend your camping chair!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/12 11:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought one of these northwest-territory-xtreme-tension-hard-arm-chairs at a Kmart about 5 years ago. Liked it so well I bought another one then 2 more. Cost about $17. Kmart and Sears online show out of stock but the link I posted shows them for $11. Mine did not come with the attached cup holder.

BigSur2

Hampton, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/12 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Faulkner zero gravity. Just bought 2 and love them.

BigSur2
2012 Keystone Bullet 286QBS
2006 Ford F150 5.4 V8

Here'n'There

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/12 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nina_70 wrote:

We love the zero-gravity kind. There are lots of good brands out there, but my best advise is simply try out the chair before making a choice. We actually ended up buying a no-name zero gravity chair that was on sale at Camping World simply because it felt so comfy. We've had them for 2 years and not regretted the purchase at all. LOVE the fact that you can lean back and enjoy. Even our cats love them:

We bought a couple "like these" at CW 3 years ago - not saying exactly like nina's .... ours are heavy as hel... well you know, look like hel... well you know, have rusted like hel... well you know. On sale special price of (I think) about 80 bucks. Now days they spend most of their lives stored in the deepest recess of our basement - why I don't just leave them by a dumpster, I don't know.

Other than that, they are great chairs!

NOT

Here'n'There
2009 Carri-Lite 36SBQ 5th Wheel
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Long Bed Diesel Dually
On the road with Here'n'There
Role of the C133 in Viet Nam

Eurocamper

Salt Lake City, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 09:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the last six years I have been using these "Deluxe Sun Chairs." I bought them from R.E.I. and they are the most comfortable folding chairs I've ever sat in. R.E.I. no longer sells them but I see they are available from Sears, as well as several on-line stores. One caveat, they are on the narrow side, so if you are "broad in the beam" they may not be a good fit.
Link

2008 Fleetwood Evolution E1
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2007 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Ex 1997 Volkswagen Eurovan Camper

eend

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 09:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eurocamper wrote:

For the last six years I have been using these "Deluxe Sun Chairs." I bought them from R.E.I. and they are the most comfortable folding chairs I've ever sat in. R.E.I. no longer sells them but I see they are available from Sears, as well as several on-line stores. One caveat, they are on the narrow side, so if you are "broad in the beam" they may not be a good fit.
Link

Gotta see if I can find those, I find with most chairs the backs are to straight, we have a pair of the zero gravity chairs from sears but they are pretty heavy to lug around.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 3.0L diesel.
2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4
2010 195wbs Shadow cruiser travel trailer.

webslave

Clearville, PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 10:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use and love the Strongback folding chairs:

Strongback Chairs

I like the storability of the folding bag type chairs (compact tubes) that don't take up a lot of storage space in the basement and, as opposed to regular folding chairs, take up an immense amount of storage space or have to stored hanging, exposed to the elements, on the rear ladder to save said space. These chairs have a nicely angled back, a straight seat that doesn't sag (I don't like the regular compact chairs that sag so that you feel like you are sitting in a bucket, cut off the circulation by cutting into the back of your legs and are awkward to get out of), and built in lumbar support that is quite comfortable on my bad back. It doesn't have a foot rest, but, I have little footstools that also fold into flat 10"x10" little bags for getting my legs up. I carry 5 of these Strongback Chairs in my basement along with two folding tables (again tube type storage) and they don't take up the space of two regular type folding chairs/recliners.

My 2 cents, your mileage may vary...

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox with a B&W Companion Hitch

Eurocamper

Salt Lake City, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 09:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eend wrote:

Eurocamper wrote:

Link

Gotta see if I can find those, I find with most chairs the backs are to straight, we have a pair of the zero gravity chairs from sears but they are pretty heavy to lug around.

You can also find them on the internet under the name "E-Z Sun Chair."

E-Z Sun Chair

DesertSpooners

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/12 12:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We love our zero gravity chairs so we can put up our feet at the end of a long day. We have to keep them in the shower when traveling, and they are heavy but we only have to carry them a short distance to put under the awning. The zero gravity chairs were from Linens and Things (Out of business?). We also have some canvas/aluminum folding chairs that are light and easy to carry so that we can sit near the fire. Target has these.

Still having fun!

MALE*RN*777

Western MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/12 03:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have 3 chairs we bought at the going out of business sale at AMES. They look like director chairs except there are 5 legs that spider out and the seat can rotate all the way around. The kids usually spin around and around. We gets compliments on them all the time but they are getting older and we're trying to keep them as long as we can.

03 Ford F150 XLT
Good-bye old friend --- 01 Coleman Sante Fe Pop-up
Hello new friend --- 09 KZ Coyote 23CR Hybrid
Me ,The Wife,The Boy,Girl 1 ,Girl 2
We are Blessed.

stfnwuf

Vacaville, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/12 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a zero gravity chair from Bass Pro Shop. I LOVE it!

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
2010 Keystone Cougar 244RLS
Food source for one cute beagle and one very ornery cat

Our Album

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Recommend your camping chair!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts