RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: The hustle and bustle life we lead.......

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> The hustle and bustle life we lead.......

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
abc40kids

Dale City,Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 09:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally getting the 5er out for our first trip of the season. Kids on spring break leaving Thursday morning to Baltimore, we stay at a KOA right outside Baltimore. My daughter plays travel volleyball so we combine vacation with volleyball and the inner harbor is right there always nice to walk around there. Seems like there is less and less time to get things done around the house and get ready to go camping. I'm a small business owner and this is our busy season, we sell and install wheels, tires, lift kits, window tint and the list goes on..... Nice weather and tax money make for good business and 12 to 14 hour days. Not complaining at all just remember talking to my Grandad about how things used to be and they were still stressful then but I would love the 9 to 5 and no Saturday or Sunday hours! We are forced to keep up and like I tell my kids everything that we think has made our life so- called easier has really made life harder. I wish I could just leave my phone behind or in the truck and just check it once a day but that just won't work. Well that's enough wining I'm gonna go wash the 5er and load the truck with firewood.

Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey,Dexter(Golden),Bruno(Pug)
Forest River Cardinal 362bhs 2006
2005 Chevy duramax dually 4x4 crew cab,Ultra Goliath wheels with Nitto Dura Grapplers and Banks exhaust.

FunnyCamper

Southeastern

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/12 03:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are going camping, what are you whining about

yes it is hard there are not enough hours in the day or energy in our bodies to get it all done at a leisurely rate. sometimes you gotta hustle. can get on your nerves. but you obviously have a great business, making a living in these cruddy economic times, have a great time camping so you do have it made. count the blessings and forget the other.

Opie431

Bellevue, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/12 05:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When our children played summer sports my husband was in charge of the sports and scheduled no sports in August so everyone in town with children could plan on an August vacation. When our son was old enough to play in a league that played our of town we gave up camping and traveled to Europe with Grandparents babysitting. With children grown we returned to camping.

Tothill

BC

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 09:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can understand where you are coming from. We own our own business, plus one of us worked 6 days a week up until the end of this month.

Not much time for camping

This year will be the first year the kids have summer jobs.

We have decided every other weekend we will have a camping trip, somewhere close to home. One of us will stay home with the kid that has to work.

We hope in August to meet up with sailing friends at a marina with camp ground.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> The hustle and bustle life we lead.......
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS