RV.Net Open Roads Forum: For those of you who use a memory foam topper on a mattress

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> For those of you who use a memory foam topper on a mattress

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Tothill

BC

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 05:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Memory foam topper is on the over cab bed. I just jut the bottom sheet on it and make the bed. It does not shift.

NorthernLimits

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In my experience memory foam doesn't move much. Now that blue egg crate stuff...that stuff will get all bunched up just sleeping on it.

Wrace

Seattle WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/12 03:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know there was such thing as 'deep' sheets. I was in costco yesterday and they have a 2.5" nova foam gel memory foam topper full size for $110. I don't know if that is a good deal or not. Maybe I should just take a road trip to walmart if they have both the toppers, and the deep sheets and mattress covers for a full size residential mattress.

Parrothead Mike

SW Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/12 04:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the memory foam topper too and just like everyone else, it's great, doesn't move, and the mattress pad and regular sheets work just fine. If you have an especially thick mattress you may need the deep pocket sheets/pad, but our's is just a regular thickness mattress and suspect that most mattresses are like that.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2001 25' Cardinal LXDS
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

dakonthemountain

Crestline, California

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/12 03:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob & Ann wrote:

We too have a memory foam topper and love it. We have had no shifting as we have a matress cover over it. It make a HUGE difference in the comfort of a standard RV matress.

Ditto.

Dak

1995 Weekender model 910 extended cabover
Calvin, the 1996 creampuff Chev Silverado 3500 extended cab dually
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

chuckster11

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/12 09:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a three inch foam topper topped with a thick down filled mattress--both on top of the original RV queen mattress and we have no trouble with the flannel sheets--we bought the deepest pockets we could find. The down mattress or mattress cover--depending on what you want to call it is just a bit oversized so it really pulls down well on the sides and corners.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/12 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wrace wrote:

Do you have much problem with it shifting position and in general making the make-the-bed and sheet changing processes more difficult? In particular I'm wondering how this works with beds that are not walk-around.

Do you put the bottom sheet right over the topper? The sheet fits over the 2-4" topper plus the mattress?

Thanks

Ours is fairly heavy so it does not shift, never has. The wife uses standard queen sheets.

I believe we have a 2" topper, the quality of which varies widely. We returned the first one we bought as it was poor quality without much support. If I recall, we bought the second one at Costco, but that was about 5 years ago. The better, firmer toppers cost more. I think ours was around a hundred bucks.

2007 Tundra Crew Max
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Timbrens
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/12 03:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

..Bought the 3" foam topper several years back for our Kingsize bed from Sams Club...it sets on top of the mattress and came with it's own cover ....doesn't do any moving around that I'm aware of...we love it.....have the exact same one on our bed at home.....

Jim & Kathy
2013 Dodge 3500DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin tranny/4:10/Cummins: 385HP/850TQ
06 HR Presidential Suite 37RLQ/SK3005 Satellite/Splendide XC2100/4slide/dual pane windows
2014 Jeep Compass Ltd 4X4
Boxers;Buddy& Sheba II
USAF 71-75 Nam Vet

ridingfamily4

Corona, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/12 04:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wrace wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know there was such thing as 'deep' sheets. I was in costco yesterday and they have a 2.5" nova foam gel memory foam topper full size for $110. I don't know if that is a good deal or not. Maybe I should just take a road trip to walmart if they have both the toppers, and the deep sheets and mattress covers for a full size residential mattress.

Bed Bath and Beyond has them too - bought mine on sale a couple of years ago. Under $100 for a queen

alliemac9

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/12 12:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wrace wrote:

I was in costco yesterday and they have a 2.5" nova foam gel memory foam topper full size for $110. I don't know if that is a good deal or not.

I have purchased a number of memory foam toppers. One was some sort of "gel" topper from Costco. I like the topper, but the gel was in the form of tiny blue orbs distributed throughout the foam. It seemed kind of gimmicky to me as I couldn't figure out what benefit they would add. Turns out they are a royal pain. The mattress is comfy, but those little blue bits fall out and get everywhere. Not a big deal once you have the bed made and the topper contained, but getting to that point (and remaking the bed) can get messy.

2007 Coachmen Freelander 2430DB + 2 people + 2 dogs

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> For those of you who use a memory foam topper on a mattress
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS