RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What Will We Need to do to Our New TT Before the First Use?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> What Will We Need to do to Our New TT Before the First Use?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some very good advice here. The video camera is a must have for the pdi, we went back and looked at our tape several times, especially when it came to time to winterize almost 10 months later. You might want to see if the TT is winterized or dewinterized. Have them either dewinterize it for you, or show you exactly how to do it. If I read your posts correctly, you are travelling to orlando, picking up the TT, going to fort wilderness and then a long trip home. Is this correct? You can sanitize the tanks at FW. Very simple and you will be on a FHU site so you can dump the tanks easily when you finish flushing the system. don't pay the dealership to do it for you. For your PDI, have them show you how every last item in the TT works and you return the demonstration so you know you did it right. Have them operate the slide, anything electronic should be turned on and demonstrated to work. Have them hook to water if possible and show that it runs and no leaks. Check all caulking for cracks, have them caulk any cracks (this includes getting on the roof to check). Run the AC and the heat (do you have propane or need to fill? the tanks should be full), have them show you how to operate the tanks, dump the grey and black tanks, fill the fresh water tank. Have them show you exactly where your hot water heater is (not it is in there but actually visualize it and learn how to get to it). Learn if you have a bypass kit for the water heater installed and if so how to use it. Make sure you know how to properly work your awning and ask them to show you how to tilt it for rain to run off the awning. You will have time at the FW to run through the systems and practice them. Make a list of things you want/need for the next trip. Most importanly bring a since of humor. As to your WDH, double check the measurements and you will also want to weigh your TV loaded w/ family, fuel and what will usually be in it camping w/ and w/ out the TT attached. The weights obtained will tell you how well adjusted your WDH is. If you need to make adjustments to your WDH, you will want a breaker bar and a large adjustable wrench. On another note, going to FW, have you been to the fort fiends forum? Lots of friendly helpful folk on there and you might even be able to find someone on there that will be there the same time as you to help you out w/ both your walt disney plans and any issues w/ learning your TT. Have fun.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS - 5 nights camped
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold after 3 1/2 yrs and 76 nights camped in it!

OLWalker

Suburb of Atlanta

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 12:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, picking up trailer in Orlando and then heading straight to Fort Wilderness for a few nights to test everything out. We are not going to the parks; just hanging out and having a relaxing time and doing whatever we need to do to the HTT to get it all situated correctly and make sure that everything works properly. Thanks for the long list! And thanks to both PPs who recommended video taping the PDI! We'll have to do that for sure! I have been on the Fort Fiends Forum- what an AWESOME place! It didn't occur to me to ask anyone if they'll be down the same time we are. They might not want to admit it since I'm sure we'll be asking a lot of questions, LOL! I will have a great attitude, and I'm trying to remind my husband to do the same without being a nag.

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You may want to get a voltage indicator and place it in an outlet where you will see it often. A surge will show on it and you disconnect power cord.

Browntrout73

Missoula, MT

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 09:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure your tow vehicle is up to snuff as well brakes, tires, etc... Have fun!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> What Will We Need to do to Our New TT Before the First Use?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS