|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Rear air bags 2006 Seneca 35GS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
alpineman

Alberta

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/12 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm thinking of getting a set of firestone airbags for my 2006 Seneca 35GS,
Does anyone have them and what do you think, what pressure do you run them at?. also do you know the model # you used?.

A/C Inspector

St. George Ut.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/12 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put them on tree years ago and they stopped a lot of the body roll. I keep 95 lbs in them. One thing I keep a close eye on is the spring mounts. Mine on the drivers side has loosened up twice resulting in two blown bags. My belief is that the attach bolts were to soft. I replaced the bolts and am more confident that the mounts will stay tight. Be real sure that the mounts are secure. I think that the Firestones are as good as the Airlifts and they both have the same capacity. Our biggest problem is that the rear springs are under capacity at 15000lbs. The chassis should have been assembled with the 19500lbs spring packs from the git go.
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax LBZ, Alli 6spd/ 4" turbo back/ Edge with Attitude/GPS/Bilsteins, air bags/Toyo steers and drivers, Counteract Bead balancing. Ford Ranger toad.

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/12 10:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a set on my Kodiak. Kit # 2362. Plus a single control gauge. My 2004 has a factory installed air compressor. Was a great upgrade. I usually keep them set at 60 psi.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad
Kodiak Chassis Class C Forum

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/12 02:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you put the proper rears springs on it they are not needed. I had put them on as a band-aid and they did help some. After I had the proper weight springs put on the rear, I took them off and sold them.

elder2

any of the 49 states

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/12 10:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had an '05 Coachmen 31' Santera "C" on a E450 SD that had Air Ride (rear air bags). The pressure had to be set by trail and error. This rig handled best at 24 lbs. I now have an '06 Seneca GS35. It didn't roll as bad, but since I'm a full-timer I looked for improvement. I tried Roll Guard on front and back springs. Works great. I added Safe Steer and Bilstine shocks. This big rig is a pleasure to drive. I research all of it on the internet. There are other systems out there, but these are simple and reliable. That's my 2 cents.

Mile-High-Endura

On the Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/12 12:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you heard of Supersprings? I put a set on a few years ago because mine has the 13.5k springs and I usually tow a 24' enclosed trailer. I like that I don't worry about loosing air out of a airbag. The Kodiak rides fine by itself too. Check them out here clicky.

Jeff

2005 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 8.1 gas
2000 24' Pace Shadow Limited w/ Husky Equilizer Hitch - resting in Texas while we fulltime
1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ PS, PB, Automatic, Factory Air

Cpthulk

Santee

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/12 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an 08 Dutchmen on the Kodiak chassis. Will air bags help this thing from riding like a Uhaul truck on long trips? or will they just help with the side to side sway?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Rear air bags 2006 Seneca 35GS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS