RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Windshield Covers, what do you like?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Windshield Covers, what do you like?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
MRUSA

Wellington, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 05:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another happy Promptscreen user. I always smile when I see the other guys drag out their ladders to install their snap-on screens. With Prompt, I install it in 3 minutes with no ladder. I have had to replace the suction cups every 3 or 4 years. No big deal.

Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2010 Lincoln MKT toad
Unified Tow Brake
Pressure Pro Tire Monitor

Gappy

NE Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/12 05:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

peaches&cream wrote:

ryanallie1 wrote:

Hi All.

We made our own. And the way thaat we did it, we can use them on the "Outside of the Windows" or on the "Inside of our Windows"

Bought a 10X20 ft Roll of "Sun-Sreen" at Homme Depot, if I remeber right for less than $40 dollars with tax.

So we can use them either way, depending on the weather.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

I agree with ryanallie, the ability to install them on the inside is very functional. I have had outside covers, and hate having to roll up a wet cover (after or during a rainstorm),and store it somewhere to keep from getting everything else soaked. I purchased these 2 yrs. ago http://www.rvsunshades4less.com/home.htmland have been very pleased with them. I can install or remove them during a rainstorm and never get a drop of water on me. They do not block the heat as well as the outside covers but they sure are easy to use.

So, you guys that make your own, how do you attach them on the outside? I know someone said magnets, what else is used?

Tom

2013 Silverado 2500 Duramax Crew LTZ Z71 4x4
2013 Winnebago ONE 32BH

peaches&cream

Northwest Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/12 06:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gappy wrote:

peaches&cream wrote:

ryanallie1 wrote:

Hi All.

We made our own. And the way thaat we did it, we can use them on the "Outside of the Windows" or on the "Inside of our Windows"

Bought a 10X20 ft Roll of "Sun-Sreen" at Homme Depot, if I remeber right for less than $40 dollars with tax.

So we can use them either way, depending on the weather.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

I agree with ryanallie, the ability to install them on the inside is very functional. I have had outside covers, and hate having to roll up a wet cover (after or during a rainstorm),and store it somewhere to keep from getting everything else soaked. I purchased these 2 yrs. ago http://www.rvsunshades4less.com/home.htmland have been very pleased with them. I can install or remove them during a rainstorm and never get a drop of water on me. They do not block the heat as well as the outside covers but they sure are easy to use.

So, you guys that make your own, how do you attach them on the outside? I know someone said magnets, what else is used?

If you choose to make your own, I suggest suction cups to hold when installing on the inside. Since I do not use mine on the outside, I cannot give advise for them. You can purchase suction cups from rvsunshades4less (see clicky on my post), or I feel sure Lowes, HomeDepot, Harbor Freight, etc. have them.

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/12 07:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

For using the Solar Screens that we made we can mount them a couple of different ways.

We can, use the small "Scution Cups" made for the "Inside of Windshield" on the "Outside as well.

We also use these, "LINK" as we have a quite a few of them we got for free, so why not use them. I also use a couple of plastic "Tarp Clips" to fasten them to the Mini Suction Cups. Takes me less than 5 minutes, and that is with getting out the Step Stool.

I also only need a short "Step Stool" to mount them on Outside, the lower ones I can easily reach just standing up. ( I use it to clean the Windshield with ) or I can easily reach the area out of both the Driver's Window or the Passengers Window. It just depends on how lazy I feel.

Works out great for our needs. Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Windshield Covers, what do you like?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS