|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Bud ran away

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
stitchinsue

Central Pa

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 12:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So glad you got him back! I just renewed Homeagain. I put a flat tag on JJ's buckle collar (the dangle ones get caught between the deck boards)with his name, phone, license # (lifetime license), county and "micro-chipped".

HTALLEN

Fremont,CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 05:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over 30 years ago my first dog (as an adult) ran away while I was at work....I was living in my grandma's house after her death and the real estate agent selling the house let him out....My g.f. and I paniced, cried, paniced more,cried even more....then about 6 hours later a call came thru somebody had found him....He had id tags on... he had travelled almost 5 miles and crossed 2 major streets.....I still remember like it was yesterday....never ever do I want to experience that feeling again !!!!!Oh I fired the real estate company, and good thing the agent didn't come around I would have done great bodily harm to her!!!

1997 Southwind 32 VS,Banks,SafeTPlus,Bilsteins,Henderson Trac Bar
3 maniac poodles..Mozart (RIP 10/6/10),Ziggymonster,Nickolas
Honda Civic

RBak

Crest Hill, IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 06:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you got Bud back home safely. Andy has tags and is chipped and always on a short leash when we do go for a walk, and we have a 6 foot high stockade fence around our yard. But you can never be too careful - they run a lot faster than we do.

Rita

StanleyandIris

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/12 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have 2 velcro dogs that I trip over all day in the house but once they are out of the fence, they don't know who I am. I have spent many days driving around looking for them, posting reward signs, calling the SPCA and crying with worry. The last 3 times they escaped, they went to visit the 2 nearby vet clinics. They have been 'captured' at local restaurants, have moved in with other dogs, caused a ruckus at little league games at the local playground and sometimes, although not often, simply return home exhausted and hungry.

I always threaten them that I will not come to rescue them next time, but they know that is a big fat lie.

Iris

USA Traveler

Lewisville, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/12 03:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very glad you found your Bud We all make mistakes!

Cody Dillon & Chanel Dion (Maltese), Brandi (mix)
2007 40' Monaco Knight, towing a 2009 Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible
Chunky,Cassie,Corky,Cammie-Maltese at Rainbow Bridge
Tinky-Gray Tabbie - Rainbow Bridge

DogsCamping

florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So glad that you got him back. I am lucky my dog isn't afraid of thunder and lightening...but my cats sure are.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 11:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My only "runaway" (years ago) resulted in an unusual phone call:
Lady: "Do you have a big brown horse with a star on his forehead?"
Me: "Um, yeah..... why do you ask?"
Lady: "He's on my patio watching me make dinner. Thought you'd want to know"
Me: "OMG - I'll bring him home right now" - stepped to the door and whistled - he came running from about a block away....LOL! It seems deer had taken out the electric fence, so he had gone on a "walkabout" - he was a pretty friendly guy and probably was looking for kids....

Bucky Badger

Madison, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/12 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our dog got out of our yard 4 times in 3 days...She saw the rabbits run under the chain link fence...so she stared to do it...We had to put treated 2x6 along the whole bottom of the fence

2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/12 10:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently was reading a blog about an escaped 15 yr old dog that was deaf and nearly blind. The owners were frantic but the dog had a collar and tags and was microchipped. Still days went by, with no word of the antique pooch. The owner went to a couple of nearby vets and one recognized the dog, as a lady had brought it in to be checked. It had lost the collar and tags and the microchip was a now obsolete company that the vet didn't have a reader for. So they were just lucky to get her back. I guess, in some cases, maybe the old microchips ought to be supplemented by whatever is popular now? I never thought about it.

Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Bud ran away
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts