|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Bud ran away

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
stitchinsue

Central Pa

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 12:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So glad you got him back! I just renewed Homeagain. I put a flat tag on JJ's buckle collar (the dangle ones get caught between the deck boards)with his name, phone, license # (lifetime license), county and "micro-chipped".

HTALLEN

Fremont,CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 05:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over 30 years ago my first dog (as an adult) ran away while I was at work....I was living in my grandma's house after her death and the real estate agent selling the house let him out....My g.f. and I paniced, cried, paniced more,cried even more....then about 6 hours later a call came thru somebody had found him....He had id tags on... he had travelled almost 5 miles and crossed 2 major streets.....I still remember like it was yesterday....never ever do I want to experience that feeling again !!!!!Oh I fired the real estate company, and good thing the agent didn't come around I would have done great bodily harm to her!!!

1997 Southwind 32 VS,Banks,SafeTPlus,Bilsteins,Henderson Trac Bar
3 maniac poodles..Mozart (RIP 10/6/10),Ziggymonster,Nickolas
Honda Civic

RBak

Crest Hill, IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 06:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you got Bud back home safely. Andy has tags and is chipped and always on a short leash when we do go for a walk, and we have a 6 foot high stockade fence around our yard. But you can never be too careful - they run a lot faster than we do.

Rita

USA Traveler

Lewisville, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/12 03:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very glad you found your Bud We all make mistakes!

Cody Dillon & Chanel Dion (Maltese)
2005 SunnyBrook Titan 31, BWKS
2007 Dodge Dually
Chunky,Cassie,Corky,Cammie-Maltese at Rainbow Bridge
Tinky-Gray Tabbie - Rainbow Bridge

StanleyandIris

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/12 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have 2 velcro dogs that I trip over all day in the house but once they are out of the fence, they don't know who I am. I have spent many days driving around looking for them, posting reward signs, calling the SPCA and crying with worry. The last 3 times they escaped, they went to visit the 2 nearby vet clinics. They have been 'captured' at local restaurants, have moved in with other dogs, caused a ruckus at little league games at the local playground and sometimes, although not often, simply return home exhausted and hungry.

I always threaten them that I will not come to rescue them next time, but they know that is a big fat lie.

Iris

DogsCamping

florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So glad that you got him back. I am lucky my dog isn't afraid of thunder and lightening...but my cats sure are.

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/12 10:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently was reading a blog about an escaped 15 yr old dog that was deaf and nearly blind. The owners were frantic but the dog had a collar and tags and was microchipped. Still days went by, with no word of the antique pooch. The owner went to a couple of nearby vets and one recognized the dog, as a lady had brought it in to be checked. It had lost the collar and tags and the microchip was a now obsolete company that the vet didn't have a reader for. So they were just lucky to get her back. I guess, in some cases, maybe the old microchips ought to be supplemented by whatever is popular now? I never thought about it.

Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Deb and Ed M

SW MI, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 11:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My only "runaway" (years ago) resulted in an unusual phone call:
Lady: "Do you have a big brown horse with a star on his forehead?"
Me: "Um, yeah..... why do you ask?"
Lady: "He's on my patio watching me make dinner. Thought you'd want to know"
Me: "OMG - I'll bring him home right now" - stepped to the door and whistled - he came running from about a block away....LOL! It seems deer had taken out the electric fence, so he had gone on a "walkabout" - he was a pretty friendly guy and probably was looking for kids....

Bucky Badger

Madison, WI

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/12 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our dog got out of our yard 4 times in 3 days...She saw the rabbits run under the chain link fence...so she stared to do it...We had to put treated 2x6 along the whole bottom of the fence

Fred & Jodie, dogs, Zoey, Mika and Emma

2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Bud ran away
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop