RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Anyone using 19.5" wheels and tires...Rickson, or?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Anyone using 19.5" wheels and tires...Rickson, or?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 18  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SoCalDesertRider

Arizona desert

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

synergy_58 wrote:

MeyerzLance wrote:

synergy_58 wrote:

I have tried to call his place last week, no one answered the 4 times I tried. THeir WWW site shows out of stock on nearly everything. I'll try again this coming week. I need to get more details on his wheels and see what would take place in the event of a warranty issue/mishap.
Thanks!

This is the problem I had with them. They don't have a sense of urgency and will not always be honest with you. I would find another alternative since you are so far away from them. I finally had to get American Express involved to get my money back because of the poor communication skills. Unfortunately it's hard to find company's that make a good alternative. In So Cal with all the CNC wheels, you'd think someone would make a nice aluminum 19.5 for us TC guys.

I've heard that Alcoa makes great wheels, but not sure of a retailer to check with. Yeah, you would think So Cal would be a great place to find things, but here to you can run into many problems dealing online or via mail.
If you want custom made 19.5" steel wheels, or steel wheels in just about any other size, Stockton Wheel, in Stockton, CA can make them for you. I had them make me a pair of 16x8 heavy duty steel wheels for my SRW F350 about 5 years ago. They did a great job, no problems at all with the wheels and they were very easy to deal with, knowlegeable and had a very reasonable price too. I don't think they make aluminum wheels.

Southwest Wheel sells Alcoa's and other brands and 19.5's too. I have bought stock replacement wheels for my both my F350's from them. Their prices are good, customer service good and shipping was fast and very reasonable cost.

05E350 6.0PSD
97F350DRW 7.3PSD 4x4 4.10 11' flatbed
98Ranger
69Bronco ATC250R CR500
20' BigTex flatbed carhauler
Callen Camper

92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6
B&W TurnoverBall, Curt Magnum V
HD Springs Bilsteins,
285/75-16E BFG AT on 16x8 Stocktons
4.56's & LockRite rear

SoCalDesertRider

Arizona desert

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dadwolf2 wrote:

SoCalDesertRider wrote:

dadwolf2 wrote:

Dodge stock wheels are 8" wide, acceptable for 285's. 8.5 would be better but the stock wheels and 285's work fine.
In what year and on what model are the stock Dodge wheels 8" wide?

The only Dodge I know of with stock 8" or wider wheels is the Powerwagon 4x4 off road model, which comes stock with 285 tires.

Don't know all the years but I know my 05 non-powerwagon has stock 8" wheels and I doubt the changed back and forth over the years since.
That is very good news. I had no idea they used 8" wheels on their regular 2500/3500SRW trucks with 265 tires.

Bigfootchevy

Bancroft, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I WANTED to increase the carrying capacity just for extra peace of mind. I went from 3415# on the "E" tires to 3900# with the "G" tires. The axle is rated for 10,140# so I now have a lot of "cushion" on the rear axle where I needed it. It just makes me feel better knowing the wheel/tires ratings now are well over the true weight that I am carrying.I also have added Stable Loads and Timbrens as well as a Helwig "Big Wig" rear end anti sway bar. It is not the same truck I started with and I feel better! And it rides better loaded.FrankĀ 

WHAT FRANK WROTE ABOVE IS WHAT 19.5 ARE ALL ABOUT? Higher load rating on both tires and rims, stronger tires, long lasting. Call and talk to Heather at Rickson. The shipped mine to Canada with no problems, so Alaska should not be a problem.

Happy Easter

Paul

sirdrakejr

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 11:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Paul.

I had mine shipped directly to the local Firestone dealer after I asked if he would put them on my truck. That saved me some grief of shipping and then also saved me on the cost of putting the new Ricksons on the truck. A win-win for me and the dealer.

Frank

2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

synergy_58

JBER, Ak (Anchorage)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 08:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoCalDesertRider wrote:

synergy_58 wrote:

MeyerzLance wrote:

synergy_58 wrote:

I have tried to call his place last week, no one answered the 4 times I tried. THeir WWW site shows out of stock on nearly everything. I'll try again this coming week. I need to get more details on his wheels and see what would take place in the event of a warranty issue/mishap.
Thanks!

This is the problem I had with them. They don't have a sense of urgency and will not always be honest with you. I would find another alternative since you are so far away from them. I finally had to get American Express involved to get my money back because of the poor communication skills. Unfortunately it's hard to find company's that make a good alternative. In So Cal with all the CNC wheels, you'd think someone would make a nice aluminum 19.5 for us TC guys.

I've heard that Alcoa makes great wheels, but not sure of a retailer to check with. Yeah, you would think So Cal would be a great place to find things, but here to you can run into many problems dealing online or via mail.
If you want custom made 19.5" steel wheels, or steel wheels in just about any other size, Stockton Wheel, in Stockton, CA can make them for you. I had them make me a pair of 16x8 heavy duty steel wheels for my SRW F350 about 5 years ago. They did a great job, no problems at all with the wheels and they were very easy to deal with, knowlegeable and had a very reasonable price too. I don't think they make aluminum wheels.

Southwest Wheel sells Alcoa's and other brands and 19.5's too. I have bought stock replacement wheels for my both my F350's from them. Their prices are good, customer service good and shipping was fast and very reasonable cost.

Checked out the www site, no aluminum wheels. I think I'd rather stick to aluminum's for the weight issue. Stockton Wheel looks like a neat company though, will keep them in mind.
Thanks!

[img/Users/Frank/Pictures/iPhoto Library_2/Originals/2014/Apr 2, 2014/2009_1306_Nav_BlueMoon.jpg[img]

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

synergy_58

JBER, Ak (Anchorage)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 08:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sirdrakejr wrote:

Thanks Paul.

I had mine shipped directly to the local Firestone dealer after I asked if he would put them on my truck. That saved me some grief of shipping and then also saved me on the cost of putting the new Ricksons on the truck. A win-win for me and the dealer.

Frank

This sounds like a good idea, I'll have to check with a few shops to see. Store owners up here aren't as friendly and helpful, so this may be a challenge. I can install them myself, but I would it would be nicer to have a shop with heavy jacks do it for me.
Thanks!

synergy_58

JBER, Ak (Anchorage)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bigfootchevy wrote:

I WANTED to increase the carrying capacity just for extra peace of mind. I went from 3415# on the "E" tires to 3900# with the "G" tires. The axle is rated for 10,140# so I now have a lot of "cushion" on the rear axle where I needed it. It just makes me feel better knowing the wheel/tires ratings now are well over the true weight that I am carrying.I also have added Stable Loads and Timbrens as well as a Helwig "Big Wig" rear end anti sway bar. It is not the same truck I started with and I feel better! And it rides better loaded.FrankĀ 

WHAT FRANK WROTE ABOVE IS WHAT 19.5 ARE ALL ABOUT? Higher load rating on both tires and rims, stronger tires, long lasting. Call and talk to Heather at Rickson. The shipped mine to Canada with no problems, so Alaska should not be a problem.

Happy Easter

Paul

I'll give it one more shot; I'll call and see if I can get through to someone and I'll ask for Heather. It's still hard to determine which wheels from the www site, the info isn't very clear. If I can at least line up a few sets to make a decision on, know the details and prices, that would be a start.

Thanks!

SoCalDesertRider

Arizona desert

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

synergy_58 wrote:

SoCalDesertRider wrote:

synergy_58 wrote:

MeyerzLance wrote:

synergy_58 wrote:

Thanks!

Checked out the www site, no aluminum wheels. I think I'd rather stick to aluminum's for the weight issue. Stockton Wheel looks like a neat company though, will keep them in mind.
Thanks!
Here you go:

Vision Heavy Hauler 81

19.5" x 7.5" aluminum single wheels for Dodge 8-lug trucks, 4500 lb load rating.

Glacier D

Port Orchard, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 09:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Visions look nice and looked awesome on my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500, but their ability to hold up in areas where road deicer is used is another story. I am not sure if road deicer (salt) is used in Alaska, but if it is then I would certainly stay away from the Visions. The deicer will get under the clear coat and pit and oxidize the rim! Just my experience with this brand of rims.

2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab/LB, Rancho RS9000XL, Stable Loads, Superhitch and FastGuns. 2009 Eagle Cap 1050, Hickory interior with on-board generator, A/C and Honda EU2000

synergy_58

JBER, Ak (Anchorage)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 10:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoCalDesertRider wrote:

synergy_58 wrote:

SoCalDesertRider wrote:

synergy_58 wrote:

MeyerzLance wrote:

synergy_58 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks!
Here you go:

Vision Heavy Hauler 81

19.5" x 7.5" aluminum single wheels for Dodge 8-lug trucks, 4500 lb load rating.

Looks nice! Is this your rig?
I've heard some good things, but mostly not so good things about the Visions brand. I probably would not get the Visions. That being said, if I can't get through to Rickson's, I won't be doing business with them. If it's this hard to throw them some money, then I can't imagine what it would be like if I had a warranty issue to deal with, what shipping is going to be like, etc... I have called 6 times this morning, just goes to voice mail, left a message. Kinda discouraged at this point.

I'll keep searching. I thought about finding some Dodge rims from 2005, the 8" ones earlier discussed, get those and put some 285's on them at 3750 lbs each, that would do it for me, probably. Are all Dodge wheels the same bolt pattern, would they all bolt right up?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 18  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Anyone using 19.5" wheels and tires...Rickson, or?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS