RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Full-time RVing: Not again

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

 > Not again

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
1995brave

San Antonio, TX

Senior Member

Joined: 01/24/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/06/12 06:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I still use checks. That's how i pay my bills.

SolidAxleDurango

OK, USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/02/2003

View Profile



Posted: 04/06/12 08:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have not written a check in 10-12 years.


TV = 07 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / QC-LB / CTD / G56 / 3.73 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 )

restlesswind

Fulltime

Senior Member

Joined: 10/13/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/06/12 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We still use checks occasionally.Such as Passport America parks where they want cash or check.There are a few (very few) places that will not take credit or debit cards.
The main thing we use the check book for is using the ledger to keep track of the
debit/credit card use.
For the OP,once the account is closed and funds removed you are safe.Now the SS number is a different story.That may well cause a problem.


'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

2oldman

Mattawa WA

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/06/12 08:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1995brave wrote:

I still use checks. That's how i pay my bills.
To each his own, but if you ever travel in your RV for any length of time you'll find that to be cumbersome and inconvenient.

There's nothing evil and dangerous about cards and online banking.

kakampers

Fulltimer

Senior Member

Joined: 04/02/2004

View Profile



Posted: 04/06/12 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

M GO BLUE wrote:

fatmanobx wrote:

Debit Card, the only way to go...


Never, ever use your debit/credit card as a debit transaction - always use it as a credit card transaction...if they get ahold of the card number and used as a debit transaction your loss is however much is in your checking account - if you use it as a credit card your losses are limited to $50...


Bank of America has replaced every dime when our debit card/checking account was compromised...twice!!! They caught it once and we caught it the other...


2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

Here'n'There

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/06/12 09:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kakampers wrote:

M GO BLUE wrote:

fatmanobx wrote:

Debit Card, the only way to go...


Never, ever use your debit/credit card as a debit transaction - always use it as a credit card transaction...if they get ahold of the card number and used as a debit transaction your loss is however much is in your checking account - if you use it as a credit card your losses are limited to $50...


Bank of America has replaced every dime when our debit card/checking account was compromised...twice!!! They caught it once and we caught it the other...


x2 or 3... BofA made us whole on $18,000 worth of fraudulent charges to our CREDIT CARD.


Here'n'There
2009 Carri-Lite 36SBQ 5th Wheel
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Long Bed Diesel Dually
On the road with Here'n'There
Role of the C133 in Viet Nam

M GO BLUE

Southgate, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 01/29/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/06/12 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here'n'There wrote:

kakampers wrote:

M GO BLUE wrote:

fatmanobx wrote:

Debit Card, the only way to go...


Never, ever use your debit/credit card as a debit transaction - always use it as a credit card transaction...if they get ahold of the card number and used as a debit transaction your loss is however much is in your checking account - if you use it as a credit card your losses are limited to $50...


Bank of America has replaced every dime when our debit card/checking account was compromised...twice!!! They caught it once and we caught it the other...


x2 or 3... BofA made us whole on $18,000 worth of fraudulent charges to our CREDIT CARD.


I STAND BY WHAT I ORIGINALLY STATED...




2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel
Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

DianneOK

Donnelly, ID

Moderator

Joined: 03/19/2004

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 04/06/12 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote
Quote:

To each his own, but if you ever travel in your RV for any length of time you'll find that to be cumbersome and inconvenient.

There's nothing evil and dangerous about cards and online banking.


Excuse me? I fulltimed for nine years and still RV. I still use checks occasionally. I NEVER found it cumbersome or inconvenient to use a check when needed and still don't.

I use my credit cards mainly because I get cash back on both and don't need to carry much cash. I also use the evil online banking........


Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded


Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes


2oldman

Mattawa WA

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/06/12 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excuse me...I was addressing his point which I quoted about paying his bills.

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

Senior Member

Joined: 01/24/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/06/12 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like paying most of my bills with checks. You get physical proof that the service has been paid for. If the company says you didn't pay then you just go to your bank and get a copy of the check and show them where and when they deposited your money to their account. I've had to do that once. I also have a debit and credit cards. There are certain places i will use each, but i mostly like using cash, it cuts down on junk mail, physcial and electronic.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

 > Not again
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS