|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> HWH heads up

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
ct1978barnes

Bryan Ohio USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got to talk to the rv repairman after they re calibrated our jacks and he told me this. After getting the auto level working and leveling the coach you are not to go in and out of the coach or move around the coach while it is in auto trying to do its job. He said it is best that no one is inside the coach . We have two switches on the out side and have got the coach to level in auto. Hope this helps as I have talked to a lot of people that have given up using auto leveling. He said the censer when moving around can not do its job with the coach moving all around. Hope this helps

Charles Barnes

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for reaffirming my decision to NOT buy an auto leveling jack system. I can level my coach from the drivers seat with about 60 seconds of pushing buttons on my Bigfoot panel, while my DW and dog walk around inside all they want. Very handy when it's pouring rain outside.

Dutch
1995 Coachmen Catalina 322QBXL
F53 chassis, 460 V8, TST TPMS
Quadra Bigfoot EZE Levelers
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

docj wrote:

Dutch_12078 wrote:

Thank you for reaffirming my decision to NOT buy an auto leveling jack system. I can level my coach from the drivers seat with about 60 seconds of pushing buttons on my Bigfoot panel,

X2 We had an automatic HWH system in our Class C that hardly ever seemed to work correctly. We have an old-fashioned manual RVA system in this MH which works every time.

X3 and that goes for most "automatic" RV accessories. i'm a techie, a geek and i love gadgets. i'm always looking for a better, easier and faster way to accomplish certain tasks. but sometimes old school is better for those tasks. our manual leveling system works just fine and takes less than a minute to use. seems that the automatic variety take a lot longer. and i'll take manual awnings and sun visors over the electric and automatic variety any day.

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

azpete

paulden

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 07:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

while it is true that the system wont level right away when you are moving around, it is only necessary that everyone just be reasonably still for a little while. you can have people in the coach, as this is the normal way people do things, when setting up for the night.
the new non mercury level sensor has fluid in it, and movement can affect the dither of the fluid. not my term., hwh's. the automatic system will stop, and when the fluid settles down, it resumes leveling.

Maddawgs

central MA

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After our first trip, while we could get the levelers to work we could not get the coach to auto level (manual worked fine). Our first trip to the dealer fixed that for free. It was a setting in the controls. Took about 2 minutes to fix and we have never had a problem since. Pull into our site, push "auto level" on the HWH panel and we are within a half a bubble in under 5 minutes.
Todd

Todd, Shirley, and the "Maddawgs" min-pins Precious and Buster Brown
2011 Itasca Cambria 30C
2011 Demco KarKaddy 460SS
TST 507 RV TPMS
"if there is anything left when we are gone, then we miscalculated"

docj

Fulltime--Home is where we park it

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

Thank you for reaffirming my decision to NOT buy an auto leveling jack system. I can level my coach from the drivers seat with about 60 seconds of pushing buttons on my Bigfoot panel,

X2 We had an automatic HWH system in our Class C that hardly ever seemed to work correctly. We have an old-fashioned manual RVA system in this MH which works every time.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

dons2346

Sioux Falls, SD, formerly of So. CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 10:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No problem with my HWH auto leveling system in 10 years of operation.

FIRE UP

Lake Havasu City AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well Folks,
Apparently there are some that have had issues with the "Auto leveling system". We however, have not. Of course it makes sense for no one to be walking around or, climbing in an out of the coach while that system is in operation. It's a sensor, it's trying to LEVEL the coach. How can it do it if the coach is moving?

Yes, these rigs have gotten more complicated over the years. First, no levelers, then, levelers, then Auto leveling. If you choose not to have it when ordering or buying a coach, that is certainly up to you. As stated, ours works flawless. I only use ours when on a surface that's fairly level in the first place. If, we're on a surface or campsite that's unlevel and, I need to drive onto ramps etc. for a pre-leveling situation, then I don't use that auto leveling system.

The reason, the jacks may have to travel too far to get it to a level position. So, I may need some blocks under certain jacks to assist the situation.

But, when we're in situations that allow the use of the auto leveling system, It's simple. I stop the rig where we want it, set the brakes, turn on the system, push and hold the "On" button for Auto dump and auto level and then, both of us exit the coach and let it do its thing.

To me, it's really fun to watch such technology in action. After about 20 seconds of dumping, the jacks start to extend. Then, as soon as all of them are down and the sensor is satisfied, the entire system shuts down. DONE!
Scott

Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are with Dennis and Debi, thats why we are not still camping in a TENT!

Wildman

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 12:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the air leveling system and it's awesome...push the button twice and bingo! it's done....and I just saved 60 seconds of my day.......now if I try to extend the slides while it's leveling, that's a different story.......my dad never wanted power windows because that's "just another thing to break"........I love creature comforts and embrace any technology that enhances what little time I have left on this planet....JMHO, of course...YMMV...Dennis

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> HWH heads up
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes