|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> No power to Directv dish

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
JoannBob

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 08:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just bought a rv dish setup from Satellite Oasis. Got it all hooked up but no power showing on inline meter. Worked on phone forever with Directv but still nothing. Had to put together the dish. It has 3 lnbs. Ran coax from dish to meter to receiver. Nothing. Any suggestions?

2011 Dodge Ram w/Hemi
2012 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL
Bob, Joann and our Chihuahua Natty

kpmacaz

Mesa,AZ,USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 08:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have a DC voltmeter with probes? Unplug everything including the rcvr and then plug only the rcvr into 120 VAC and measure the DC voltage from the center to shield (ground) of the connection on the back of the rcvr to the dish not the TV and see if the rcvr is putting out the DC voltage the LNB's need. By unplugging from the AC at first trying a shot in the dark that it may reset a protection circuit. If no DC bad rcvr!

If you do have DC voltage then do it again connecting the coax and making the same DC voltage measurement at the end of the coax to the dish (LNB's) not connected to anything at this end for this measurement. If no voltage at the end of the coax but had good DC voltage at the rcvr then replace coax.

Also when using a inline meter make sure in and out connections are going the correct way.

Let me know and i am sorry if you went through this before but it does help sometimes to just go back to basics and run through it one more time.

2007 Jayco 25RKS and 2006 GMC Yukon

2oldman

Quincy WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Power? Sort of unusual for folks to be measuring power, usually they're measuring whether there's any signal with an 'inline meter.'

Is is aimed properly?

schneid

In the Wind

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What dish is it?
What LNB?
What receiver are you using?
What 2oldman said, Volts or Signal?

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 09:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ON my receiver it is difficult to read the labels for the ports. Just double check to be sure the port to the dish is the correct one. I've spent some time thinking I remembered which one was "to dish" but memory failed me

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

happytrader59

league city Tx

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 09:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who makes the dish ? Some are powered by the receiver ( KVH) and some have a seperate power source.

2008 Monaco Camelot 43', 2007 Jeep Wrangler

notawordok

Polkville, NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 02:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the wires on the back of the receiver I have went to help my friends trouble shoot thier systems and found this to be the reson they coul;d not get signal.

2000 Ford F250 XLT Latiat Superduty Ext-cab longbed 4X4 7.3 POWER STROKE DIESEL
31' travel trailer
Happy Trails
NOTA

JoannBob

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 05:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got it working. Whoo hoooooo. Just took me, a woman, to play with it to get it working. Only problem now is that the rv cable/satellite connection doesn't work for the satellite. Had to run the cable thru the door. We have a new Jayco and don't know why the rv wiring won't work. It does for the antenna.

h2guy

Ain't seen a sign yet!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 05:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoannBob wrote:

Got it working. Whoo hoooooo. Just took me, a woman, to play with it to get it working. Only problem now is that the rv cable/satellite connection doesn't work for the satellite. Had to run the cable thru the door. We have a new Jayco and don't know why the rv wiring won't work. It does for the antenna.

You can't run a sat input cable thru a cable TV connection.
Theres 13v/18v in the sat cable that can't pass through a cable tv input connection, usually because of splitters in the cable tv line.

Over time, I'm sure you can figure out a cleaner way to route the sat cable into the RV. Just use some imagination.

Rick & Carolyn
01 Ford SC 4x4 DRW
01 CarriLite 5ver

kpmacaz

Mesa,AZ,USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoannBob wrote:

Great!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> No power to Directv dish
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS