We had an issue with the small compressor that comes on to keep the RV level. Over time it would run more often until last night it was running ever 5-10 minutes... It was driving DW and I nutz... I sprayed soap water around a few fittings near the compressor and nothing... So I decided to place the Power Gear panel to the OFF position... No help, Tried placing the system in the Manual position... no help. Finally I releveled the rig and went outside and disconnected the electrical power wire to the compressor. Next morning checked the Power Gear panel and we were still level... Examined the wire connections and they were a little corroded, so I cleaned the connectors and went to reconnect and found the problem. The wires connect directly to what looks like a pressure switch, this switch is connected to the compressor via a rubber/plastic tube which I am going to assume is pressurized so the switch can tell the pressure. When I grabbed the switch to reconnect the wires, I noticed the tube moved, I could spin it and when I pushed the tube in, it moved about an 1/8th" into the fitting. I reset the leveling system and the pump operates when I adjust the leveling system and has not run uncommanded for the past 2 hours. The leveling system did make an adjustment but the pump did not run. I will manullay reset the RV to make the pump run later, just to ensure this is a good fix and the pump still functions.
In my reading of threads about this system last night I noticed a lot of people had the same issue, either a few minuts or a few days. I wonder if this push on the tube would be the cure for you? Anyway, just had to share.
I hope that little push solves it for you. It didn't for us. We replaced a faulty pressure switch, installed a check valve because Monaco left it out, and just replaced the compressor. Hopefully we are done. Just did the compressor yesterday, but it hasn't come on yet, so hopefully we fixed it!
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The folks on the Beaver forum gave me some other things to check such as the check value and the location in line to the compressor. I believe the problem is fixed for now, the pump ran last night while the coach was auto releveling and has been quiet since. I plan to install a hose clamp and check other connections for a god fit and seal.