RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Show us your seasonal site!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Show us your seasonal site!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
doublekay

Central NH

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay.. Have had 2 years of towing around locally and ended up at the place closest to the house. Great place and close enough to do things at home if needed and still go back and forth to work. SO we are heading out on our first seasonal.

Been searching high and low for deck ideas, site set up ideas, ect and found it funny that there was not a thread for people to show off the awesome works I have seen around (wish I took a pic so I can remember what I liked about them over the winter and help plan ours).

SO post a picture of your great seasonal sites as inquiring minds want to know.

Counting the days till I can "move in" for the season!! Hope everyone enjoys their season!

Kevin

2005, Jayco, Jayflight, 31BHS
2001, Chevy, 2500HD, Duramax Diesel, Crew cab.
2 little ones. This is our first trailer.. Had the truck and needed something to pull. For the kids of course!!

GaryWT

MA

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 10:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So where are you seasonal? We were seasonal for 11 years but went back to traveling last year. We would drive around the campground in our golf cart and take note of things we liked from other sites, mixed in our own ideas and created our site. You can get some great ideas from your neighbors.

ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR

Wiscampsin

Wisconsin USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 08:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're starting our 5th year on our seasonal site after travelling for years. We set our max drive time to 2 hours away from home. Here's a link to some pics and improvements we've made. There's pics of our interior in the folder too so you can disregard those.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/564112401RckioP?start=0

2013 Palomino Sabre 34 REQS-6
http://s1340.beta.photobucket.com/user/W........6?&_suid=1357224714962013706578115184365

WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 07:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of places with seasonal sites do not allow you to build decks or change the site in any way. You must leave it as you found it.

WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
Heartland 2011 NorthTrail 28BRS
1993 Ford Dutchman Class-C

doublekay

Central NH

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/12 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wis, Love the set up with the stone and the deck. I really want to do a deck but trying to figure out the best way to do it. I am assuming we might continue to seasonal but if now need to take with and leave as was. Also thinking I want a full size fridge and looking at that shed it might be a perfect place for a craigs list fridge and cut a few vent holes.. Do you tow that with the toyota when you move it??

Wiscampsin

Wisconsin USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/12 07:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doublekay wrote:

Wis, Love the set up with the stone and the deck. I really want to do a deck but trying to figure out the best way to do it. I am assuming we might continue to seasonal but if now need to take with and leave as was. Also thinking I want a full size fridge and looking at that shed it might be a perfect place for a craigs list fridge and cut a few vent holes.. Do you tow that with the toyota when you move it??

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, we were up at the camper all weekend cleaning and packing up. We're having our new 5th wheel delivered on Thursday. Thanks for the compliment on our site. The shed is a RubberMaid. The Toyota won't pull our TT, we had it delivered to the site by the dealer. There are alot of seasonals by us that have regular fridges on their deck or behind the camper, with locks on of course.

terry2425

Oakhurst, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/12 11:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is our set up no matter where we go or how long we stay. Works great for us.

Camp Chef 3 burner stove, Camp Chef oven with 2 burners, Camp Chef single burner with grill box, 15 gallon pot to heat water for the shower tent or dishes and a camp kitchen with plenty of shelves. Behind the TT is a Champion 2000 Watt inverter genset for when we need power.

As you can tell, we spend all of our time outside including all of our cooking.

Happy camping.....

Terry

Terry, Hannah and Chen Ning (Wife's Not a Camper)
2005 Ford F350 FX4 Offroad Crew Cab Shortbed 6.0 Diesel 6 Speed Manual
1997 Fleetwood Mallard 24J "The Man Cave"
It’s not a travel trailer but a camp trailer for the boon toolies!

Kirk

Livingston, Texas.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/12 08:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a permanent home-base now that we can close up and drive away for months at a time. Check it out....

Good travelin! ........Kirk
Professional Volunteer
Fulltimer for 11 years,
URL: www.adventure.1tree.net

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Show us your seasonal site!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: