RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Carefree of Colorado - Travel'R - just want to tilt it...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Carefree of Colorado - Travel'R - just want to tilt it...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
LJ4174

PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello...

So I recently bought a 2010 Jayco X213 - with a CareFree of Colorado Travel'R automatic awning on it. This is my first camper, but have been camping my whole life. Looking forward to taking my family on the adventures I had a kid and young adult. The awning on my parents old camper from the 70's took 2 men and a boy to open it. Then we had campers in seasonal sights with screened rooms and such.

My new camper with this push button awning is awesome!!! However... I can't seem to figure out or find any information on how to tilt it, so I can clean it, especially the top of it...

Any ideas or sugguestions would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thanks...

LJ

Dandy Dan

Findlay, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check with Carefree. I believe there is a kit that can be retro-fitted to lower one end of the power awning for water runoff. Maybe you will get lucky. I couldn't find a kit for my Carefree. Good Luck and Happy Camping.

dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 (the rescue) Sarah (the rescue)
and Beau (waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)
2005 Dodge QuadCab 2500 4x4 Hemi
2009 Open Range 337RLS
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

ChopperBill

Colo

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My old CareFree Eclipse you could tilt as well as our current electric Dometic. Plus they both have gas shocks that will dump if too much rain gets on them and then go back to home when done. Work as advertised. You should have got the electric.

"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

knesdad

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DE88ROX wrote:

You cant tilt it. Thats one of the drawbacks to electric awnings IMO

Yes, you can tilt it if you have adjustable pitch model of the Travel'R. We have one on our 2012 Kodiak. Look at where the awning mounts on the trailer wall. If you see a push-pin button and several holes on each of the awning arms you can adjust it by selecting what hole the pin is in.

Read more about the adjustable pitch model on Carefree's website. I emailed them several times last fall about the awning and they were very good with replying and helping out and including images in their emails so it was easy to follow. Adjusting the pitch now is a breeze.

Dave & Sue
Kiley & Emily
Izzie (Beagle/Bichon/Mini Poodle)
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL -- Dutchmen Owners

DE88ROX

West Michigan. The other West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 09:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LJ4174 wrote:

Hello...

So I recently bought a 2010 Jayco X213 - with a CareFree of Colorado Travel'R automatic awning on it. This is my first camper, but have been camping my whole life. Looking forward to taking my family on the adventures I had a kid and young adult. The awning on my parents old camper from the 70's took 2 men and a boy to open it. Then we had campers in seasonal sights with screened rooms and such.

My new camper with this push button awning is awesome!!! However... I can't seem to figure out or find any information on how to tilt it, so I can clean it, especially the top of it...

Any ideas or sugguestions would be GREATLY appreciated...

You cant tilt it. Thats one of the drawbacks to electric awnings IMO

What most do on here with any type of awning, is spray some Tilex Mold & mildew remover on both sides of the awning, roll it back up and let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes. Then unroll it and hose it off.

Or get on the roof with an brush on a extendable handle and scrub down as far as you can reach. Then use a ladder to get the other half.

I opted for the manual awning on my new TT because I knew you couldn't tilt them to clean and I just don't trust it to tilt itself when it rains.

TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Carefree of Colorado - Travel'R - just want to tilt it...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS