|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Water pump

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Latner

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 10:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I need some input on water pumps. I have your basic Shurflo 2.8GPM, 30PSI water pump and would like to either upgrade the pump to an Extreme 4.0GPM, 50PSI pump or keep what I have and add an accumulator. What I'm trying to achieve is more pressure, so my question is can an accumulator's pressure be adjusted?

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No..accumulator tanks only reduce pump cycling. They have to be set couple of psi less than pump discharge otherwise pump can not start or refill tank.

In order to increase line pressure & flow you have to have a higher discharge pressure & flow rated pump.

Check out reviews of the 'Extreme Series' pumps.......several have had problems.

What model # of Shurflo Pump do you have?

I have the 2088 model......2.8 gpm at 45#
You can increase the discharge pressure via an adjustment screw on end of pump head.....clockwise to increase BUT only in small increments.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 12:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've learned over the years that the higher the pressure the faster your waste tanks fill. I added the smallest size bladder type pressure tank available. They are made for homes that have their own water well. I'm very pleased with it.

Dusty

Latner

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

No..accumulator tanks only reduce pump cycling. They have to be set couple of psi less than pump discharge otherwise pump can not start or refill tank.

In order to increase line pressure & flow you have to have a higher discharge pressure & flow rated pump.

Check out reviews of the 'Extreme Series' pumps.......several have had problems.

You can increase the discharge pressure via an adjustment screw on end of pump head.....clockwise to increase BUT only in small increments.

Thanks. After taking a closer look at the pump, I have the same pump as you.

I played around with the screw and noticed if I turn to increase, the pump will run longer after turning the faucet off. How long is it suppose to run and what do you have yours set at?

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 05:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Latner wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Thanks. After taking a closer look at the pump, I have the same pump as you.

I played around with the screw and noticed if I turn to increase, the pump will run longer after turning the faucet off. How long is it suppose to run and what do you have yours set at?

My is set at #45 and turns off very shortly after closing a faucet.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Water pump
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS