|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> 303 Protectant

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
OSCBRADLEY

Houston Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 04:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

My motorhome is a 2000, gel coat does not look too awefully bad but waxes seem to be leaving less and less of a shine and it starting to get some of that "chalkiness" to it. I have read some articles online and on this site about 303 protectant. The product seems almost "to easy" so I was wondering if anyone has used it recently and what the results were, are there any "tricks" to the application process?

Thanks everyone

2000 Itasca Suncruiser

barlow46

Edgewater, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might want to do a search for Red Max Pro #3 also. I have not personally used it but a lot of owners are swearing by it on fiberglass sides and end caps.

2005 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' ISL 400; Tag Axle; Residential Refrig (sold)
2004 F450, 6.0 auto, 4:30 pumpkin; BrakeSmart; 50 gal aux.tank, 01 HR Presidential 35CKS, 3 slides, axles flipped; TrailAir Pinbox. pin weight 2760. Total gross 24,060 lbs.

tdeal823

N.W. Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 04:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Harold1946 comment from closed thread.
Harold1946,

My 1st TT that I just sold last year. It was a 2000 Rockwood. We never touched the roof and never had a problem. recaulked it every few years and that was it. My only thought is that the "dirty and unprotected" roof is the major cause of my black streaks. I could be wrong. I really don't know what actually causes the black streaks other than dirt.

However after spending lots of my hard earned money on a new 5er last year. I find myself reasearching new methods to keep my camper clean. Going from a 30' TT to a 35' 5th is quite a bit more surface area to keep clean. So if I can do a few spring weekends of wash, wax, and protect to ease my normal after trip cleaning, I'm very interested.

What are your methods on cleaning? If you are only cleaning the sides of your camper through out the year. With a roof cleaning once? Do you still have black streak problems with the 303 on the roof? Or maybe you are using a better more effective wax on the sides?

Thank you for info
Tony

2008 Silverado 2500HD DMax LTZ cc sb 4x4 EFILive tuned, Blocked, Deleted, Rerouted and removed B&W Turnover ball and 5th Companion
02 F250 4x4 Auto Ex LWB SRW 7.3L B&W, RideRite, 5"exhaust. TW6 chip. 195k
2011 Sabre 32BHOK-6

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your finish is chalky don't use 303. It will only make a bigger mess.
Try Red Max Pro. It's easy but takes a little time.
It will make your rig look new.

bigguyracing

Clearlake Oaks

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 11:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

303 works great on rubber or plastic, but not on your gel coat ! Red Max Pro #3 has made me a beleaver. I applied it 2 years ago and it still looks great ! People always ask me how did I get that shine ?

Sully2

Cincinnati

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/12 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OSCBRADLEY wrote:

Hello,

My motorhome is a 2000, gel coat does not look too awefully bad but waxes seem to be leaving less and less of a shine and it starting to get some of that "chalkiness" to it. I have read some articles online and on this site about 303 protectant. The product seems almost "to easy" so I was wondering if anyone has used it recently and what the results were, are there any "tricks" to the application process?

Thanks everyone

Save the "303" for rubber products....tires; windshield wipers; rubber mouldings, etc. Its top notch for those items

2000 Country Coach Allure; Cummins ISC 330 HP; 71/2 - 8 MPG regardless
2002 Jeep Liberty

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 11:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have read that some use Aerospace 303 on their whole coach, including the fiberglass sides and both front and end caps. Offers UV protection while wax turns yellow.

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

deandec

Northern CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 09:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Country Coach Manufacturer recommended 303 for their fiberglass roofs to avoid streaking the sides.

But, I have had success with a 40' gel coated boat and our clear-coated MH using Dri-Wash. On the boat, I used a rotary buffer to increase the shine (don't worry you will not burn the gelcoat).

The Dri-Wash is applied twice a year to the MH.

I use no soap to clean the rig. Soap removes the product.

Road dust and grime is wiped off with a wet towel and then polished with a dry towel, so it is convenient when arriving at a RV park that does not allow hose washing.

Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

harold1946

Surprise Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 06:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tdeal1823;
I do not use wax on anything I own and have not for almost 20 years now.
On the "rubber roof" I use Murphys Oil Soap and a pressure washer. A long handled, medium stiff brush for scrubbing off any bird droppings etc.
On everything else I use an automotive cleaner and the pressure washer, again no wax, just 303. No issues with black streaks.

Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer toad

RSchleder

iowa city, ia

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 07:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree, the 303 is for your rubber parts, not the fiberglass portion of your MH. I suggest you check out a product called REJEX. You can buy it online or most TRUE VALUE stores carry it. It's great on fiberglass, most of us Corvette owners use it with great results. I have used it on all my RV's and I've found nothing that beats it. It is on the expensive side ($20 bottle), however, one application will last at least a year and the bugs will wash off like a dream. Try it, you'll like it. I promise.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> 303 Protectant
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS