RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Monaco dynasty. Anything i should know

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Monaco dynasty. Anything i should know

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
hitchup

Fulltiming and on the Road.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 12:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm another one who loves that floorplan. Although, I might like a loveseat recliner instead of the couch.

Floorplans aren't always flexible, but it's cheaper to tear out cabinets than to add them.

2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

zmotorsports

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 02:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, $85k. I just pulled that up and looked at it, it is the same model as ours, Baroness. We love the floorplan and have been overall very happy with the coach. 99k miles is not that high, ours just turned over 86k last trip out.

That is also not a bad price, there is no way I would let ours go for that.

Mike.

2003 Monaco Dynasty/ 26' Haulmark Edge trailer
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon

Jake21

Santa Fe, NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I must admit that this our first trip looking at RVs, so I am not sure the standard by which they are judged. To me, coming from a boat background, they all seemed pretty beat up. I could not tell if it was the way they were treated or they way they were built. I am leaning towards the former rather than the latter. I admit that I am kinda anal about my equipment and always keep everything in top condition.

Looks like we may make an offer on the mid entry eagle.

Thanks for all the input.
J

Mr.Mark

California/Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 09:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jake, the American Eagle looks very nice!

MM.

Mr.Mark
2013 Honda CR-V EXL, AWD, w/Nav, SMI Air Force One vacuum-assisted braking
2015 Liberty Class A (45 ft.)

becker

Conroe, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 09:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jake21.....

This is a little different approach.....

Call some of the Class A camping clubs in your area. There is always someone wanting to sell their coach for first one reason or another. The coaches are always well maintained and reasonably priced and generally one-owner. Almost all of them will have the maintenance records for you to go over.

Good luck!

2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42ft, 4 slides, 425hp clean air Cummins diesel
2013 Jeep Sahara 4-dr w/M&G Braking System
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2 All Terrain Towing System

Mr.Mark

California/Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jake21 wrote:

Thanks for all the great feedback. We looked at the unit and it was pretty beat up, as we're most at PPL. I can't believe how bad some of these units looked.

We did see an American Eagle with a mid-entry that looked pretty good.

Jake

Wow, PPL says the unit is in 'very good' condition and the pictures look really nice. So, it's a shame that they cannot label the condition correctly.

I'm not a fan of the sink being in the bedroom as I want to close the bedroom off while someone is getting ready. But, that plan might work for you as others have it and like it.

MM.

MarcW

Tucson, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 08:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the plus side for the Dynasty... it is a relativly high end coach on the S chassis and is constructed using what would be considered high end materials and workmanship when compared with coaches further down the food chain.
As long as it's just cosmetic, moderate wear from use can be re-done and made to look new again. Upgrades of TVs and furniture and some refinishing can go a long way. In my opinion, the level of quality that is built in to a coach at that level (whatever the manufacture) is more important than some wear and tear.
If as you say you're "anal" about your stuff, I think you may be hard pressed to find a coach at that level that is in perfect condition for the price you're looking for.
American also makes a quality coach and if one of those suits you that would be a good choice but I would recommend spending some time if possible in any coach up for consideration.
Floorplan is one of the most important considerations and you don't want to end up in something that doesn't suit you just because it was in pretty condition.
I purchased my coach ('07 Dynasty) because the floorplan (Emperor IV) is one of my favorites. After spending 4 months in it last summer, I don't regret it.

2007 Monaco Dynasty Emperor IV
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

zmotorsports

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 09:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr.Mark wrote:

zmotorsports wrote:

Mr.Mark wrote:

Jake21 wrote:

Thanks for all the great feedback. We looked at the unit and it was pretty beat up, as we're most at PPL. I can't believe how bad some of these units looked.

Jake

Wow, PPL says the unit is in 'very good' condition and the pictures look really nice. So, it's a shame that they cannot label the condition correctly.

I'm not a fan of the sink being in the bedroom as I want to close the bedroom off while someone is getting ready. But, that plan might work for you as others have it and like it.

MM.

Mark, there are actually two sinks, one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom. I wasn't sure how I would like it at first either but I did want one with the toilet. Many we looked at had the sink away from the toilet and only had one sink which I wasn't fond of.

Now after having it for a while I don't know if I would want it any other way.

Mike.

The only little glitch is if you can't put the slides out, the bedroom sink will be tight or not usable. Also, I prefer the washer and dryer being in the bath area and not in the rear area as the one shown in the pic the one the OP was viewing. If the slides can't go out, you can still do laundry if the units are located in the bathroom hallway.

We had the unfortunate experience where our hydraulic slides would not go out because the computer board that controls them had a connection problem (probably from 50,000 miles of road vibration). The RV service center re-spliced the connector on the computer board and all is good now. But, I had to use the coach with the slides in for several days. One bedroom slide would operate as it's electric so I could get to the closet, etc. Our bathroom, including both sink areas and the laundry area, are never effected by the slides as they are in the center of the coach.

It was amazing how many floor plan choices Monaco offered for the Dynasty back in '07-'08 when we were looking. They had 10 to pick from with 5 cabinet color choices.

MM.

I can see your point about the washer/dryer but the only time we use ours is when the bedroom slide is out and staying for an extended stay anyways. The bedroom slide is electric actuated and the front two slides are hydraulic on ours.

The bedroom sink is still accessible with the bedroom slide retracted. This is one of the necessities for us was being able to use the coach with the slides in as when we snowmobiled we never put the slides out. There was the dresser drawers in the bedroom and there was a cupboard in the kitchen is all that was not accessible when the slides are in.

I was not keen on triple slides when we were first looking as I wanted to be able to use the coach with the slides in but after seeing how Monaco designed and built the Baroness, I was impressed how much I like the floorplan.

Mike.

zmotorsports

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 05:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr.Mark wrote:

Jake21 wrote:

Jake

MM.

Mark, there are actually two sinks, one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom. I wasn't sure how I would like it at first either but I did want one with the toilet. Many we looked at had the sink away from the toilet and only had one sink which I wasn't fond of.

Mike.

Mr.Mark

California/Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 07:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zmotorsports wrote:

Mr.Mark wrote:

Jake21 wrote:

Jake

MM.

Mike.

The only little glitch is if you can't put the slides out, the bedroom sink will be tight or not usable. Also, I prefer the washer and dryer being in the bath area and not in the rear area as the one shown in the pic the one the OP was viewing. If the slides can't go out, you can still do laundry if the units are located in the bathroom hallway.

We had the unfortunate experience where our hydraulic slides would not go out because the computer board that controls them had a connection problem (probably from 50,000 miles of road vibration). The RV service center re-spliced the connector on the computer board and all is good now. But, I had to use the coach with the slides in for several days. One bedroom slide would operate as it's electric so I could get to the closet, etc. Our bathroom, including both sink areas and the laundry area, are never effected by the slides as they are in the center of the coach.

It was amazing how many floor plan choices Monaco offered for the Dynasty back in '07-'08 when we were looking. They had 10 to pick from with 5 cabinet color choices.

MM.

* This post was edited 04/10/12 07:29am by Mr.Mark *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Monaco dynasty. Anything i should know
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: