RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: anyone familiar with this tire ?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> anyone familiar with this tire ?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
boatpuller

longview,wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we'll,it's time to relieve the china bombs of their duty.iv'e read hour's of search material with the battle of the st vs lt.it seem's this forum has had good luck with the xps rib while others like the g rated goodyear or the goodrich commercial t/a.i have come across another tire which i think is a real player.but,haven't read many reviews on here about.it's a g rated hankook made in south korea which churns out quality products.by the way.i'd like too add a little observation about american quality.i was born and raised here and have worked in the same large paper mill for 35 years.sadly, made in the u.s.a doesn't exactly ring quality too me.any of you that work around a large group will understand what i mean....i wish it wasn't that way but it is.here's a link too the tire.http://www.treadsource.com/Hankook-F19/

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 12:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No shortage of very good LT tires on the market. It's the STs that there is so much trouble about.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

ExRocketScientist

Laurel, MD

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure what tires you currently have, but I suspect they have a maximum inflation pressure of 80 psi. This G rated Hankook will require about 110 PSI. Make sure your rims are rated for the higher pressure.

And please capitalize some of the letters in your posts (like the first letter of the first word in a sentence) -- it is difficult to read with everything all lowercase.

ERS

ol Bombero-JC

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

skipnchar wrote:

No shortage of very good LT tires on the market. It's the STs that there is so much trouble about.

Well said!

Chinese (& other Asian countries) can -and do- mfg *quality* tires.
Unfortunately, STs - whether mfg in China or USA - are a short-term, throw-away solution.

~

BTW boatpuller - spend some "search time" on the Escapees MDT and HDT forums. The reason/s for an MDT/HDT are - lots of heavy trailers. Often there are discussions of "serious" trailer tires (no STs, LOL!)

~

mapguy

Puget Sound

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 01:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is a decent tire. Capacity is 3330. Not enough capacity for 7K axles though. Considered this tire for my 6K axles but ended up using Bridgestone M895.

Chris

Shelter Bay, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 02:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As Mapguy indicated. What is the GAWR for your trailer? They also do not cover the Keystone 6750 GAWR. If you have 6K axles, then the XPS Rib or Bridgestone Duravis R250 are the two best. The R250 is about 50 per tire less than the RIB. Both are steel carcass tires.

Guy next to me this winter put the F19's on his trailer on the way to Arizona after two ST failures. He had 6K axles!

It would appear from Heartland web site that you have 6K axles. So the tire should work. Put them on and give us yearly reports. Or put on Ribs or R250's and give us a 6 or 7 year report!

Chris

* This post was edited 04/09/12 02:09pm by Chris *

My Rig
2001.5 2500 STD CAB AUTO SLT 4x4, CTD 4:10's, Bomb'd to Tow
2005 Cardinal 29WBLX.

SH

Lynden, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mapguy wrote:

That is a decent tire. Capacity is 3330. Not enough capacity for 7K axles though. Considered this tire for my 6K axles but ended up using Bridgestone M895.

Help me out here...what is the issue with using this tire on a 7K axle if the axle weight of the coach is below 13K? Not being a smart a@@ I sincerely would like to know! Our rig fully loaded, ready to camp has only 10,500 lbs on the trailer axles. It has 7K axles and a GVWR of 15K but it will never see that weight.

Thanks!

2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo

mapguy

Puget Sound

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 09:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SH wrote:

mapguy wrote:

Help me out here...what is the issue with using this tire on a 7K axle if the axle weight of the coach is below 13K? Not being a smart a@@ I sincerely would like to know! Our rig fully loaded, ready to camp has only 10,500 lbs on the trailer axles. It has 7K axles and a GVWR of 15K but it will never see that weight.

Thanks!

Follow what you are saying but would never recommend that practice to the general public on a forum. Most reputable tire dealers would never put a tire rated for less capacity than factory calls for on the Federal Certification Label.

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 06:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ExRocketScientist wrote:

Not sure what tires you currently have, but I suspect they have a maximum inflation pressure of 80 psi. This G rated Hankook will require about 110 PSI. Make sure your rims are rated for the higher pressure.

And please capitalize some of the letters in your posts (like the first letter of the first word in a sentence) -- it is difficult to read with everything all lowercase.
This isnt school if you dont like the way its written dont read it.

boatpuller

longview,wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wills250psd wrote:

ExRocketScientist wrote:

This isnt school if you dont like the way its written dont read it.

well said wills 250...there's a self appointed grammer monitor on every forum.he was polite however.
the bridgestone seems like a solid choice.i should have posted that i have a bighorn 3055 with 6 k axles.now,my only concern is diameter.i can't find the diameter of the 235/80/16 unicorns that it came with.the bridgestone duravis 250 is pushing 32in.any concern of distance between tires?

* This post was edited 04/10/12 08:27am by boatpuller *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> anyone familiar with this tire ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS