|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Mail forwarding services

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
jimj3125jimj

Sequim

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 04:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We plan on going fulltime in June. Trying to locate a legit mail forwarding service. Has anyone used Mail Forwarding Services out of Oregon?

Charltons

Battle Ground, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 05:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My father uses the local UPS Store just over the border in Washington. They have locations all over and it has worked for him for about 6 years. He just calls them and they forward same or next day as fast as he's willing to pay for.

2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 TCD
2012 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS

hallock5

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 06:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very happy with Terri, but she is in South Dakota ...mydakotaaddress.com

2008 Jayco Eagle Superlite 28.5RLS
2002 Ford 4x4 SuperCab 7.3 (Jr International) Diesel

Sad to say, time to sell to a good home.

gotsmart

Aberdeen, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 01:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimj3125jimj wrote:

We plan on going fulltime in June. Trying to locate a legit mail forwarding service. Has anyone used Mail Forwarding Services out of Oregon?

If 'fulltime' means that your RV will now be your domicile then it is important to choose carefully the state and county of the mailbox service that you select.

I am a fulltimer here in WA. I spent this past winter at Travel Inn. During the summer I'll go park-to-park mostly between Travel Inn, Ocean Mist, Diamond Point, and Maple Grove. I'm planning on a mid-summer convoy with seveal freinds to Ponderosa Falls. I might also go to Beachwood - not sure yet. You want a mail forwarding service that is a CMRA. You can read what I posted here and here.

I looked into using a UPS Store but they wanted $99 for 6 months ($198/yr). I found United Package Express (UPX) in Aberdeen, WA. They charge $144/yr with a $5 key deposit. Their service is no frills. You have the choice of a mailbox inside the store (access restricted to store hours) or outside the store (with 24 hour access). I had them put a note on my mailbox telling them to throw away all sales catalogs and circulars. I call them up twice a month and ask if I have mail. When I'm at Travel Inn or Ocean Mist, I grocery shop in Aberdeen. I pass by UPX when I go to either resort. Whether I'm at Diamond Point in Sequim or Maple Grove in Randle - in 14 days I'll be close enough to Aberdeen to drive over to get it. Unlike many mail services that cater to RVers, UPX does not require me to maintain an account balance for mail forwarding postage. If I ask them to forward my mail then they will bill my credit card when they forward it. A local service is perfect for me because 90% of the time I'm RVing in WA, west of the Cascades.

The other reason why I chose UPX is because it is in Grays Harbor County, WA - a no emmisions testing county. It made making a private mailbox my new domicile very easy. UPX (as do all CMRAs) has the USPS forms for permanently forwarding your mail and authorizing them to receive your mail on your behalf.

If you're planning to make your mailbox your domicile just remember that the state that your mailbox service operates in will be the state that you reside in. That means you'll potentially be making a road trip for new drivers license, insurance, vehicle titles registration and tags, vehicle inspections. SD, TX, and FL are popular states for fulltimers to make their domicile.

2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

jetenbu

Southeast Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 05:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would suggest you take a look at Escapees Mail Service in Livingston, TX. Texas has NO state income taxes. I have seen their mail service first hand and they are a class act. I have been all over the USA and they have NEVER failed me. They even screen your mail and through out all the junk mail you tell them you do not want to see. They are great! Some more information at
WWW.ESCAPEES.COM .

Jim

RV: 2012 Montana 3625RE Quad Slide SKP#108921
TV: 2004.5 Dodge Dually 3500 HD
Favorite Quote: ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

Warning: THIS RIG PROTECTED BY SMITH AND WESSON!

U.S. Navy Vietnam Vet 1967-1968

hitchup

Fulltiming and on the Road.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Each UPS Store set their own rates. Some are higher than other. But one in FL has worked for us for $180 annually. They bill us only when I tell them to renew. They ship monthly, which is often enough and charge CC. Change of address is via email.

If they ship to old address accidently, they can track package and ship to correct RV Park. Only happened once in 7 yrs.

2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

sdianel

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

www.myrvmail.com is located in Crestview FL and will assist you with mail forwarding setup. They are very customer oriented. You can view your mail online if you pay extra. They will shred it when you're done reading it and forward what you need to keep.

Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

jffhlbrt1

Gilroy, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/12 01:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use My Best Address (www.mybestaddress.com) out of Sioux Falls, SD. They will handle all your change of residency paperwork for you (if need be they can take your information over the phone). Larry and his wife run the operation there. They are extremely helpful and will do whatever it takes to make you happy! We have seen their operation, which was well maintained and very clean. Their prices are very competitive too.They have been handling our mail forwarding service for the past year and we have not had any problems.

Jeff, Steve, & Nala
09 Damon Challenger 371
09 Honda Accord
Bakersfield, CA

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Mail forwarding services
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: