RV.Net Open Roads Forum: When do you decide to level left to right??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> When do you decide to level left to right??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
2oldman

Ritzville WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 01:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

greende wrote:

This is a very neat app.
Welcome. I had to adjust mine using a bubble level since my Droid Razr doesn't have a flat back.

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 03:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, I'll be the smart A.. here. Park, unhook, pull TV forward out of the way, Hit the Auto Level button and presto jacks come down and it levels it's self. No blocks, no fuss, just the initial cost to have the system installed.

2011 Chevy 3500HD Ext Cab DRW, Duramax/Allison, 2012 Redwood 36RL, Dual ACs, Fireplace, Sleep # Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Combo Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, Mor/ryde IS, Tri-Glide Pin Box, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Nana of 11

Sandpoint Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michelle.S wrote:

OK, I'll be the smart A.. here. Park, unhook, pull TV forward out of the way, Hit the Auto Level button and presto jacks come down and it levels it's self. No blocks, no fuss, just the initial cost to have the system installed.

OK Smarty pants... what set up do you have installed and is it available in an after market application?

notruffinit

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 08:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wills250psd wrote:

It is the first thing I do. I pull on the sight look at my level and use the proper amount of blocks to level up then unhook and level front to back.

X2. But we loved the Lynx Levelers to do the job. We call them our LEGO blocks. Still have 2 sets even though we have the BIGFOOT

'11 Ram 3500 Cummins
'12 Cameo 34SB3

djgarcia

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 11:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like the bubble level that is attached to the front of the pin box. Mine measures both side to side and front to back. The Left to right level is important because of the refrigatior.

Dick
djgarcia1939@gmail.com

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/12 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HTT to be? wrote:

R to L is the first thing to be corrected. While we are still hooked up we check the level to see if we need to lay a block or two down to have her sitting level. So we back her in to the exact spot we want the trailer, then ck for r/l level, if needed, pull forward just enough to lay blocks needed, then back her up and ck she is right. Then we put in chocks and unhook

X2...all the way down the line. :-) Amazing how little out of whack you can notice, and be annoyed by. :-)

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2004 Komfort 25FSG Fifth Wheel
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 55 Year Member

3 dog nights

Central, Virginia USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/12 02:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't level the camper, I level the refer! Put the bubble level in the freezer unit while still connected. level the refer and you can live with the trailer.

bpounds

Whittier CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/12 02:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 dog nights wrote:

I don't level the camper, I level the refer! Put the bubble level in the freezer unit while still connected. level the refer and you can live with the trailer.

My parents always did that on their old trailers. Apparently being level was fairly critical back then. They are not critical now, so there is no reason to do that, but I know old habits die hard. If it works for ya, great.

I've known others who leveled with water in a cast iron skillet on the range.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Mile High

CO

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/12 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 dog nights wrote:

Once I get nausiated because the trailer is listing to one side or the other, I don't care if the beer is cold anymore

DodgeVoltage

Nanjemoy, MD

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/12 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michelle.S wrote:

I do the same, but have found that if the site is too unlevel side to side, I still have to use blocks under the wheels. The autolevel system torques the frame just enough to get it level that my garage side door won't close correctly. It binds and the dead bolt won't lock. It also lifts the wheels off the ground. I don't like it torquing it for long periods of time.

2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
2009 GMC 2500HD D/A Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen 3795 Voltage Epic Package
2012 Smart Passion for Two
2003 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC Cruiser
AD USAF 1996-2011 1700+ hrs E-3B/C AWACS
NYANG 2011-Present

K-State Wildcats!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> When do you decide to level left to right??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS