RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: I-10 arizona/california border gas price

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> I-10 arizona/california border gas price

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
RicJones

So. Cal.

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 08:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's a Texaco at Ray Wells Rd. in Ehrenberg. It's usually a couple of cents higher than the Flying J. MUCH easier to get in and out of than the Flyin J or the stations in Q. Much less crowded, generally you can drive right up to the pump.

zman-az

Northern AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 08:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RicJones wrote:

There's a Texaco at Ray Wells Rd. in Ehrenberg. It's usually a couple of cents higher than the Flying J. MUCH easier to get in and out of than the Flyin J or the stations in Q. Much less crowded, generally you can drive right up to the pump.

That's the one I have been using as it has less crowds.

Last trip in Quartzite I stopped for gas waiting for a couple at the pump as I thought they were done. Ended up mom waited in car while dad took kids into bathroom, then came back out and took other kid to bathroom. Then he finally decided to put gas in his car. This while people were fighting to get to the pumps. I can't believe some people.

* This post was edited 04/10/12 08:34am by zman-az *

MarcW

Tucson, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spur Of The Moment wrote:

Right now gas at Zip, about 30 miles east of Q is 3.89, Loves is 3.95, Texaco and Flying J is 3.99.

Diesel is cheapest in that order also.

The ZIP is at mile marker 45 on I-10. That is about 30 miles east of Quartzsite. I make the drive once a month and they are always cheaper for diesel than any of the stops between there and the border. The have RV pumps that are easy in and out and are never as busy as that mess at the Pilot in Ehrenburg.

2007 Monaco Dynasty Emperor IV
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zman-az wrote:

RicJones wrote:

That's the one I have been using as it has less crowds.

Last trip in Quartzite I stopped for gas waiting for a couple at the pump as I thought they were done. Ended up mom waited in car while dad took kids into bathroom, then came back out and took other kid to bathroom. Then he finally decided to put gas in his car. This while people were fighting to get to the pumps. I can't believe some people.

The one time I stopped there, credit was 10 cents more than cash. I never went back.

Jeannie

Spur Of The Moment

Quartzsite, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 05:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MarcW wrote:

Spur Of The Moment wrote:

Right now gas at Zip, about 30 miles east of Q is 3.89, Loves is 3.95, Texaco and Flying J is 3.99.

The ZIP is at mile marker 45 on I-10. That is about 30 miles east of Quartzsite. I make the drive once a month and they are always cheaper for diesel than any of the stops between there and the border. The have RV pumps that are easy in and out and are never as busy as that mess at the Pilot in Ehrenburg.

Right, I said 30 miles east of Q. I don't know if Zip has RV/car diesel at a cheaper rate than trucks, but the Loves does. Usually about 8 to 10 cents cheaper but it is not advertised. RV's can pull up to the last pump and there is plenty of room.

Nascar fans

Bruce and Sharon and Gizmo(Apricot Tiny Toy Poodle)
2015 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3025W
1998 Lance Legend 945 Truck Camper
2014 F-250 Superduty Crew Cab King Ranch

Spur Of The Moment

Quartzsite, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MarcW

Tucson, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 06:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In AZ the trucks pay more for fuel than private use vehicles. The ZIP is currently $.05 pr gal cheaper for RVs than the listed truck price seen from the hwy. They also do not charge extra for using a credit card at the RV pumps.
Look for the HUGE American flag flying at the exit.

Spur Of The Moment

Quartzsite, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 06:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks MarkW.....

Loves doesn't charge for CC either. Either stop is the best around. I live in Quartzsite and use them both.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> I-10 arizona/california border gas price
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS