RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Toilet leaking.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Toilet leaking.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
psmoore

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 08:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a ThetfordAqua Magic IV Lo Foot Flush. It's leaking from the back (see picture). I get no water to the bowl itself. Just leaks on the floor. I've had a slight leak for a year or so and didn't think about it til now. Now I can't get water to the bowl at all. Any suggestions? Simple to fix or should I keep my appointment with the dealer for 3 weeks from now? Thanks.

It also leaks on the direct opposite side of the arrow where the little tan color flap is sticking out. Sorry.. Just noticed it.

toiletrv by photo.paul.moore, on Flickr

Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 09:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Thetford, manual flush, not the same as your's. However, the manual was pretty explicit regarding repairs. When mine developed a leak, I was determined to fix it myself. The parts cost me about $25 if memory serves me. I had to take the toilet out of the camper to work on it. A thirty-forty minute job took me about an hour and a half due to my lack of experience. But, I saved about $80 and gained some knowledge. Next time, it won't take as long.

RVn Full-time

psmoore

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ended up taking it out of the floor and apart and the water valve had a plastic piece broken completly off. So I ordered one and am waiting for the new one to come in. Will let ya know how it turns out. Thanks.

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 11:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can see the parts breakdown at Thetford's website. We have an AM-IV but hand flush. I thought it was leaking in the flush valve, but all it turned out to be was the supply line connection.
I'm sure you can buy the valve and change it, but the toilet was confusing to me, compared with an older Starlite I repaired.
These valves can wear, and the shaft can rust which also creates a leak. Another problem is not winterizing the valve and having ice crack it.

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Toilet leaking.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS