|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Cleaning Air Filter or replacement

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
crah

Las Vegas

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 10:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the full banks powerpack system on my cummins ISC 350. It was installed by the previous owner. It's been a little over a year, and I think it's time to change out the main air filter. I believe the banks kit has an upgraded/different air filter than the standard filter. The red filter canistor has a sticker that says "Stop Do Not Replace. Cleanable Lifetime Air Filter".

See the picture below. I presume you can remove the filter, and wash it. The top of the canistor looks like it has some silver tape that covers the screws. Is there a trick to removing these things? I guess I'd like to prepare myself for how easy something should be. Looks like I need to remove the two black straps and loosen the T-bolt and remove the rubber boot at the left and loosen the T-bolt and remove the intake ducting at the top. It looks like the only way to get at the filter is to remove the silver tape and remove the screws. Any advise would be appreciated.

2003 Holiday Rambler Scepter 36PST 3 Slide
Cummins ISC 350/Side Radiator
Banks System
2011 Buick Enclave Towed
Ready Brute/Ready Brake/Blue Ox

Tom/Barb

Oak Harbor, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 11:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There should be a filter pressure indicator on that system.

2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JK toad.

The Shadow Nos

East Peoria, Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/12 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you wash that filter you will need to oil it. I would check with Banks for info and oil.

2005 Allegro Bus
400 HP Cummins
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/12 09:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crah wrote:

Tom/Barb wrote:

Thank you. I did see the minder but it hasn't moved in over a year and I use the unit in very dusty conditions including dirt roads. I do see that it has AFE on the sticker stating it is washable lifetime. Just checking to see what other have done to do their routine maintenance on theirs.
Is the filter minder in the red or in the green? You should be able to re set it by pushing on the rubber end.
Learn about FilterMinder

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/12 09:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wny_pat wrote:

crah wrote:

Tom/Barb wrote:

Thank you. I did see the minder but it hasn't moved in over a year and I use the unit in very dusty conditions including dirt roads. I do see that it has AFE on the sticker stating it is washable lifetime. Just checking to see what other have done to do their routine maintenance on theirs.
Is the filter minder in the red or in the green? You should be able to re set it by pushing on the rubber end.
Learn about FilterMinder
. It tells you when to change the filter. It is spec'ed to work with your system.

crah

Las Vegas

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 05:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom/Barb wrote:

crah

Las Vegas

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/12 09:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wny_pat wrote:

wny_pat wrote:

crah wrote:

Tom/Barb wrote:

Learn about FilterMinder
. It tells you when to change the filter. It is spec'ed to work with your system.

Thank you for the suggestion. The indicator markings are worn off so I can't really tell. The gauge portion hasn't moved in over a year. Someone else mentioned oiling the filter which is throwing me off a bit. I'm familiar with the K&N type that is oiled. I will call banks and afe and see what they have to say.

havasu4us

Montana & Lake Havasu City, Az

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/12 10:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Shadow Nos wrote:

If you wash that filter you will need to oil it. I would check with Banks for info and oil.

Not necessarily. You DO NOT Oil the K&N Heavy Duty RV filters. I would check with AFE and try to obtain their cleaning sheet. Probably available online... AFE.com I prefer the K&N ... and it is what I have on my coach with a Cummins engine. Pull it out, pressure wash while I'm washing the rear of the radiator.... let dry, stick it back in. That simple.

TIFFIN PHAETON
09' JEEP
12' RZR S
IDAHO TOTE TAG

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Cleaning Air Filter or replacement
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: