|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> National fishing license

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
7.3 psdman

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 06:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is anybody besides me trying to get a National fishing license law passed in this election year. I would like to see a National fishing license available to seniors 65 and older where we can fish in any state with just one license.

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 06:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The various states have jurisdiction of the waterways within their boundaries. I don't think that is going to happen.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 06:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't fish but, maybe it's a good idea.
Maybe some look at it as the federal government taking away the rights of states.

chuggs

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 06:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I look at it as a donation. The money goes toward game management...so it would actually be taking money away in some cases from a much needed service.

Homer

Northeast Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 06:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This has been sought after for decades. Most likely never will happen. States want to spend the license fees they collect on pet projects of their own. Even if the senior license is free, they know that eventually some one will want this national license for every one and they are not going to give up their golden egg.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 06:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd hardly call it a golden egg, they supposedly use the fees on wildlife projects and LE. The regulations in Florida will be very different from those needed in Idaho. We don't have any trout and they don't have any groupers for example.

Glendale Titanium 29E34TS fifth wheel
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
PullRite OE Series Super5th 18K
Superbumper

7.3 psdman

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 06:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would think the states could split the proceeds of a national fishing license. I wouldn't expect to get a license for free and even if one license cost more than an individual state license it would be nice to be able to get one that allows you to fish in Fl. in the winter and Mn. or Idaho in the summer. The main benefit I could see for a national license would be if you were traveling through many different states and would like to stop and try fishing in many different lakes or rivers.

knuts1

Mound mn

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 06:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

7.3 psdman wrote:

Is anybody besides me trying to get a National fishing license law passed in this election year. I would like to see a National fishing license available to seniors 65 and older where we can fish in any state with just one license.

lets just look at this from the states. So if the national fishing license is $50.00 then each state would receive $1.00 for each license sold minus what the federal govt, would take to administer this and then the state would have administer cost on this so the real "profit" so each state would probably lose money on this unless it would cost hundreds of dollars and then no one would buy them.

7.3 psdman

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 07:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would think there would be an enormous interest by seniors who like fishing and the money generated -although maybe not as much for each license- would add up to a pretty tidy sum for each state. I do respect the states right to set their own rules and regulations because they know best how to regulate their own wildlife and to protect their own environment. I would think this would be a huge benefit to some states that most people don't think of as offering quality fishing.

Jackthewonderdog

United States

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 07:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I prefer to leave it the way it is. Not a fan of national much of anything.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> National fishing license
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS