|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> 2000 Bluebird Wanderlodge LXI

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Joatha

Marietta, GA

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 02:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RLS7201 wrote:

If the unit you are looking at has a slide, make sure the numatic seal by HWH is not leaking. Very expensive to repair.

Richard

Not any more. Some of the guys at the Wanderlodge Owners Group banded together and developed a better fitting seal. On top of that, its a lot cheaper as well.

2001 Bluebird Wanderlodge LX ME

Mississippi

Starkville, MS, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 02:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rich D. my best friend had factory reps visit his home and do a smoke test to find all of the leaks. After repairing all of the leaks that were detected, it rained that night. The next morning, there were at least a half dozen wet spots inside the coach. He sold it because of the leaks and the bouncy ride. And this was a show coach.

S. Keith Winfield,CPA
Carol Winfield, copilot
Jolie Karra Tassos, resident English Bulldog
2008 Dutchstar DSDP 4304

RLS7201

Very Very

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 09:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joatha wrote:

RLS7201 wrote:

If the unit you are looking at has a slide, make sure the numatic seal by HWH is not leaking. Very expensive to repair.

Richard

Not any more. Some of the guys at the Wanderlodge Owners Group banded together and developed a better fitting seal. On top of that, its a lot cheaper as well.

Excellent! I passed that along to my friend with the BB. Thank You

Richard

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 03:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mississippi: Your info is not very accurate. Just as in any MH there are differences from model to model and year to year. What year did your friend have? The op is looking at a 2000. Bluebird is and was the finest Factory built non conversion MH ever built. I challenge anyone to find anything with that type of quality. (There are later models that do not fit in this category.) Go and look closely and you will quickly understand how a Bluebird is built. Unlike other factory MH's there was never any cost containment procedures. They simply added any costs to the price as price was not an issue. Our 88 FC sold for over $250,000 in 1988!! The body is riveted and all steel. Roof is heavy gauge steel with a checker plate platform running front to rear. Every screw in my unit is stainless. Both the inside and outside screws. Bolts are mostly grade 8. Many are stainless. Not one staple anywhere. Drawers are 1/2 inch real plywood. Not Balsa wood! Drawer slides are US made and HD.Like you see in fancy toole boxes. Ball bearing. The upholstery materials were all high end. Even the carpets are what you would find only in an expensive custom home. The few cables that enter the roof have hoods like you see on a yacht. Never a leak! You will not see this type of quality in any factory unit. Not a Foretravel (plastic) nor even a Newell. There are conversion units that are also high quality but they were also pricier. Prices for BB's have dropped in the last 3 years and there are some awesome bargains for a serious buyer. I would suggest that same Wanderlodge forum if you want to learn more. Owning any high end unit is not like owning an old Winnie. They can be complicated and expensive to maintain. Not for everyone. You will find lots of hotrodders, racers and classic car nuts who own BB's. They appreciate quality. When BB owners want to move up they rarely buy another factory unit. Usually a custom made Conversion.

Moisheh

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> 2000 Bluebird Wanderlodge LXI
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS