RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Music or not at the camp site?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Music or not at the camp site?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

why is it the ones with the loud music usually have the campfire with the smoke blowing in every ones rv?

atreis

IN

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd rather not listen to other people's music, but if they keep the volume reasonably low, I don't mind that much. The same goes for ball games.

2009 Trail-Sport TS21RBH
2008 Toyota Sienna

fatmanobx

Russellville, Ar. Home Base

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 03:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I want peace and quite I wouldn't go to a camp ground.....

2003 Four Winds Infinity 37'
2011 Lance 855
3.5# Minpin named Darcy
Ford F250 Super Duty

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 03:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fla-gypsy wrote:

I don't care what others do at their campsite as long as it does not impact me and I try to do the same. I do enjoy some Taichovsky, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker and Pink Floyd from time to time but at a reasonable level.
dont foget LYNYRD SKYNYRD,and BOSTON

JiminDenver

Denver, Co

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we are sitting under the awning or by the fire and want some music, we have a old multi band that we set between us and turn it up just loud enough to be heard right there. Get up and go a few feet and you can no longer here it. That way we can here each other talk softly and not talk over the music.

I have a 7 inch 12v tv that I'll try to get the news on but any competing noise makes it hard for me to understand what's being said so I use ear buds.

2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2007/2003 Ford Expedition
Nights camped in 2011 21
Nights camped in 2012 16

vic46

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 04:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wills250psd wrote:

fla-gypsy wrote:

I don't care what others do at their campsite as long as it does not impact me and I try to do the same. I do enjoy some Taichovsky, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker and Pink Floyd from time to time but at a reasonable level.
dont foget LYNYRD SKYNYRD,and BOSTON

And the Simon Fraser University Pipe Band and the Metropolitan Toronto Police Pipe Band. I just don't think this music could be too loud!

Lack of common sense is the greatest mental illness known to mankind.

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 04:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a full timer, I've learned that camping on the back 40 of family acreage or boondocking in the middle of nowhere generally affords me the camping experience I desire at the time with very rare exceptions. I've also had the pleasure of being either alone or among only a few RVers in a public campground during the off-season.

I realize that when camping season starts, I have to share the road, so to speak. There is a source of amusement in watching the weekend warriors roll in on Friday, setting-up, and then becoming part of the Sunday parade. But, I've shared many a good meal and conversation with campers from all walks of life along the way. Sure... there has been a couple of neighbors in all these years of camping that were less than desirable. But, I can easily move to a different location, spend the day in town at the movies and shopping, or go inside, turn on the a/c and watch TV. The choice is mine. Monday brings a new beginning with new challenges and opportunities.

RVn Full-time

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fatmanobx has it right. If I want peace and quiet I'll stay home. When I have to set up the table 20' from my neighbors slinky,yahoos on the next loop with a 30' fire, the owners kids band down at the community center, Hot Rod golf carts wheeling around,the occasional bottle rocket, I don't worry a bunch about noise.
I am one of those inconsiderate jerks. I am not that way on purpose but some folks are real intolerant.
Our camping partners, are one couple in their mid forties, we are in our mid fifties.
We set at the table near a nice fire,play a couple hands of euchre,have a couple of beers, listen to radio. Every once in a while we will erupt in gales of laughter. We usually hit the rack about 11:30.
Sounds a lot like normal people on vacation does'nt it?
If this behavior upsets you,feel welcome to find another site.

* This post was edited 04/10/12 04:53pm by pitch *

robsouth

Metro-Atlanta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were camped on a nice site in a State Park in middle Georgia a few years back. There were a lot of folks there, but relatively quiet. Then comes in the Bozo in a Motorhome and set up a few sites down. After about an hour, LOUD music was blaring from his site. I walked out a ways and the guy had set up a small Public Address system and was playing his music through that. I don't know if some complained or not, but just as I was about to, here comes Mr. Ranger Sir and the music ceased and the PA went back into the MH. Some people!!

"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me....I am quiet. The DW on the other hand, especially on cleaning day, puts on Elvis & a few others & lets her rip. The requirement is always the we be in a near empty CG far from the closest neighbour. Not hard to do most places on a weekday.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Music or not at the camp site?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues